Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have to agree with that Doc in your link there. A friend of mine uses various inexpensive camera's and has nice digital and a nice 35mm point and shoot Olympus. And he comes up with some excellent pictures. I asked him how he gets such good shots, and he said it is simple, he just burns about 3 rolls of film or loads up his CF card in about the time it takes most people to use about one roll of film or just a small percentage of their CF card. He says you have to take lots and lots of pictures of what you are trying to photograph. Take it from differnt angles and you will get those pictures that just stun you. He said, most of the time you don't even remember taking that particular shot, but when you get the film back or look at it on the computer you are just dazzled. With film it isn't cheap, but for him it is worth the price. And that is also why he got himself a nice digital.
    Deleting Qset....NOW!!
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    With regard to people who say "get a digital camera if you want to take pictures" my response to them is that it won't help if you don't have the camera with you. I almost always have my phone/PDA=Treo 650. Thus one hopes that the camera works for those unexpected moments when you had wished that you had brought your camera...
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    With regard to people who say "get a digital camera if you want to take pictures" my response to them is that it won't help if you don't have the camera with you. I almost always have my phone/PDA=Treo 650. Thus one hopes that the camera works for those unexpected moments when you had wished that you had brought your camera...
    Slinky....you're SOOO unoriginal.
    The 650 camera is perfect for those instances when you're at a ballgame and the woman in front of you is showing either a really nice lower back tattoo slightly above her G string or has enough cleavage that you can see it over her shoulder without spilling your beer or dripping ketchup on her shoulder.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by LonS
    Any thoughts?
    I think you drink too much Pepsi.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I was trigged by the first post, and started using SplashBlog myselves. I have noticed that the SplashBlog camera application has more quality settings than the ordinary camera.

When taking pictures in the builting app pictures usually become approx 70-90kb using the best quality setting in prefs. However when initiating camera from SplashBlog makes them approx 180kb (at the highest quality settings in SplashBlog prefs), and remarkably better when viewed at www.splashblog.com....
    ...how come? :|
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO
    It does work. Try setting the values differently and see the quality differences for yourself
    I tried it as well.
    It installed OK
    I was able to change the numbers
    Couldn't see any change in quality
    Most importantly file sizes actually got smaller when I set to 99 vs. original 65...very strange.
    Will probably uninstall.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12