Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can't believe this question was asked! You will be amazed. The screen will make you cry while the speed will make you faint. Be sure to have smelling salts around.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    I don't think that the 700 will be out for a while, especially not on Verizon as per grndslm's comments.
    We should be hearing about the next phone within the next month or so. I'm sure Sprint will be offering it within the next 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    I think that Verizon plays a lot of marketing games in order to explain some absurd reasoning for doing what it does, usually several months behind and playing catchup. The same thing happened with the Kyocera phones that "blew up" lol. I guess we are being charged $45 per month using the Treo on the Internet because they want to ensure "quality control" before they charge reasonably like Sprint and others...
    See...this is why I like Sprint. They give you tomorrow's phones at tomorrow's prices, or today's phones at today's prices. Verizon, however, gives you yesterday's phones at today's prices or just plain crappy phones for yesterday's prices.

Regarding the internet service, I think that "quality control" mess means that they can't have as many people using the data on their networks. So, they jack up the price...and as long as they get 1/3 of their 650 customers to pay for the internet (which I could imagine that percentage doing)...they're making just as much money per 650 user as Sprint does.

Sprint's whole goal is to innovate...and they do it.
    Verizon's whole goal is to make money...and they do it.
    Check out VolumeCare. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...515#post737515
    This is a link to the newest ver 3.00. I downloaded the trial and 5 minutes later ponied up the 9 bucks for the program. It's well worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    We should be hearing about the next phone within the next month or so. I'm sure Sprint will be offering it within the next 4 months.

See...this is why I like Sprint. They give you tomorrow's phones at tomorrow's prices, or today's phones at today's prices. Verizon, however, gives you yesterday's phones at today's prices or just plain crappy phones for yesterday's prices.

Regarding the internet service, I think that "quality control" mess means that they can't have as many people using the data on their networks. So, they jack up the price...and as long as they get 1/3 of their 650 customers to pay for the internet (which I could imagine that percentage doing)...they're making just as much money per 650 user as Sprint does.

Sprint's whole goal is to innovate...and they do it.
    Verizon's whole goal is to make money...and they do it.

I have to agree about sprint getting phones earlier in the game. At least they are good for something .It's good for gadgetgeeks like us . But average Joe 's don't know about Treo 600 or 650 .I am sure a lot of them were fascinated ,when they a saw T650 on verizon stores this month.Majority of customers fall into that category.
    So early adapters are not that many compared to average users. Providers like T Mobile still do not have T650 in the store and are selling and promoting T600's.
    So Verizon will keep selling and promoting T650 until june next year.
    You are stuck ,specially if other providers do not have good coverage in you area or you have to sign a contract .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12