1.    #1  
    Is there any way to use Chatter with Wireless Sync? Basically when Wireless Sync gets pushed a new e-mail, it goes to Chatter instead of the "Mail" application?

If that is possible, then all my troubles are gone.

Thanks.
    Why would you need to do this? (Is it to get SMS triggered push? Chatter already supports this...) You can answer me here or by mail at chatteremail@imap.cc.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    For one, Chatter's interface is 100 times better then "Mail" (soon to be supporting HTML).
    And two, more importantly, after spending hours on the phone with Verizon, I can't for the life of me get Wireless Sync to send - since I specify my own SMTP server in Chatter, that issue would be resolved.
  4.    #4  
    Oh, and by using Wireless Sync, I have true Push e-mail without the issues I've been having with Chatter hogging up the data connection. I don't think Verizon has an unlimited text message plan, so SMS triggers are out.
    Now, hold on! I was VERY certain that Wireless Sync sends an SMS that triggers the so-called push (it's not really push after all...) Are you sure that's not the case?

Marc
  6.    #6  
    Well, from hours of being on the phone with VZW's data support guys, they seem to make me think that there is something called a "Network Push" - however, this Network push may very well be an SMS trigger, but of course since the trigger is sent from their end, it ends up being a free SMS. Comparing this to my Nextel Blackberry, this sure gives that "Push effect" even if you say it isn't true Push (but they do call it Push...blah who knows.)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKaps
    Well, from hours of being on the phone with VZW's data support guys, they seem to make me think that there is something called a "Network Push" - however, this Network push may very well be an SMS trigger, but of course since the trigger is sent from their end, it ends up being a free SMS. Comparing this to my Nextel Blackberry, this sure gives that "Push effect" even if you say it isn't true Push (but they do call it Push...blah who knows.)
    Wireless Sync works via an IP push on supported devices and under certain circumstances. If the IP that the server expects for the device is not available it follows with an encrypted SMS message that is intercepted by an SMS listener and initiates a secure sync to download the message. It is Push in a sense that new messages on the server trigger the device to sync and download the message. But it is not like Chatter or Blackberry where the message is sent directly from the server.
    rsprouse - Interesting; thanks for that info (Verizon is the one carrier I know nothing about!) Is the T650 a "supported device"?

Marc