1.    #1  
    What's better:

Older version of WorldMate Pro (v. 1.1 Pro HG) with free weather updates, or
    New version of WorldMate Pro (2005) with the newer feature but paid subscription service?

Flight status and weather maps aside, is it really worth paying for a subscription? In a support message re an updated reg code for the old version, Mobimate "hinted" that the old version might not be stable, but I never noticed any problems directly attributed to the old version on 1.23.

So, is it really worth upgrading, Flight status and weather maps aside? (there are free mobile websites for that)...

Anyone who's tried both versions care to comment? :-)
    I just use the combo of older worldmate ver and freeware Flightstatus for flight info. I try to avoid subscriptions fees if I can...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I just use the combo of older worldmate ver and freeware Flightstatus for flight info. I try to avoid subscriptions fees if I can...
    I use this same exact setup. Works great for me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I guess I'll stick to using the old version as well. With that said, does anyone know what the newest pre-subscription of WorldMate Pro is available? Is there one that's newer that v1.1 Pro HG? Not that the WorldMate Pro people would ever make it available.

gfunkmagic and Insertion, what version are y'all running?
    Old version works fine. Not much value added having satelite maps unless your meteorologist. I'm using old version. I have to say the although WorldMate is quite useful - it's got to be THE most over priced application out there. I got it on a palmgear special a while ago - I would never be paying full price for it.
    plus it uses almost 3mbs of ram!!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Using old ver 3.1. There's no nav support, but it works fine none the less...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I have version 8.3.1 on my Treo 600 but the weather no longer synchs. Did the remove this ability? Or is my conduit just lost (since I switched hard drives).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    Old version works fine. Not much value added having satelite maps unless your meteorologist. I'm using old version. I have to say the although WorldMate is quite useful - it's got to be THE most over priced application out there. I got it on a palmgear special a while ago - I would never be paying full price for it.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    So where do you get the older 'free' version?
  10.    #10  
    Sorry - I mis-spoke. The older version isn't actually free..I meant that it doesn't require a subscription fee to download weather info, currency rates, etc.