Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I decided to make this a seperate thread which could readily be seen; I could have placed it in an already open thread, but for the sake of those that have wanted to know if this is possible or who have tried ways to make it happen, you now know that it can!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Anyone figure out if we can do a redial from the mobile pro itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    It's not possible.
    The instructions make no mention of the ability to do so, and the typical method with other headsets is to press and hold the multi-funciton button, but press/hold on the Mobile Pro is power on/off.
    I thought two consecutive single presses of the button might do it. 1 to connect, the other to re-dial, but it doesn't.
    I've tried, and found now way to do so.
    These are the two post which I read recently that stood out the most for me; due to the fact that I wanted the ability to redial also. Well, it happened today!

    While at work, I heard a voice coming from my belt. Yes belt! I'm sitting there thinking what the $%^&! One of my coworkers asked "Is that your phone?" I said no because my phone was laying on my desk.

    I reach down and pull my headset off my belt, and its my son on the line. All I could think to say was, I dont know how I got you on the line, but I'll talk to you later.

    3 more times, the same thing occured....my son was on the line. Thats when it hit me like a brick that somehow, the Logitech Mobile Pro does have the ability to redial; although as quoted by taylorh, the documentation doesnt provide any clear cut answer one way or the other.

    In order to redial using the Logitech Mobile Pro, press and hold (for about 3 secs) the (+-) the phone will wake up and redial the last number called.

    As you can see by the picture, the boom in the up position makes contact with the volume control. While sitting down at my desk, the contact was closer which kept making the redial happen.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/snQQpy/hip2.jpg

    As a side note, I've checked several websites that sell this headset and NONE of them list anything in regards to redial.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  2. #2  
    First of all...EXCELLENT FIND!
    Second, how are you all getting your pro to wake up your Treo? Mine doesn't wake it up at all. I do find that base don what ScandaLous just suggested if I turn on the Treo and then hold down the volume (sometimes - sometimes +, seems to alternate) it does redial. If only I could figure out why it isn't waking my Treo up too, then this could be getting even better (and if the volume on the headset would be boosted somehow).
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 07/06/2005 at 06:21 PM.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    First of all...EXCELLENT FIND!
    Second, how are you all getting your pro to wake up your Treo? Mine doesn't wake it up at all. I do find that base don what ScandaLous just suggested if I turn on the Treo and then hold down the volume (sometimes - sometimes +, seems to alternate) it does redial. If only I could figure out why it isn't waking my Treo up too, then this could be getting even better (and if the volume on the headset would be boosted somehow).
    Redial will work whether you just hold the volume up, the volume down, or place your finger in the center and just hold.

    As far as wakeup....It is not necessary to hit the power button to see whats on the screen. Just hold the volume button on your pro and it should power up your 650's screen. You'll see who you are calling.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Redial will work whether you just hold the volume up, the volume down, or place your finger in the center and just hold.

    As far as wakeup....It is not necessary to hit the power button to see whats on the screen. Just hold the volume button on your pro and it should power up your 650's screen. You'll see who you are calling.
    Nope, holding the volume button when I don't have my Treo already powered on does nothing

    Are you Sprint?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Nope, holding the volume button when I don't have my Treo already powered on does nothing

    Are you Sprint?
    Yes.

    I've done this with mine several times. Right now my Treo is sitting on my desk, backlight off. When I press and hold the volume button (seems like 5 secs), the backlight/keyboard will light up; about a second later, redial will take place.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  6. #6  
    Strange. I'm Sprint, too. But mine doesn't do that. I wish it did!

    Mine will wake up the Treo if I press the headset multi-function button once, but I can't get it to redial my phone the way you describe.

    Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
  7. #7  
    I just tested mine... It works!!!! I have to hold mine down 4-5 seconds and then let go and it does it. I hold it down until I hear a tone and then release... It takes a sec or 2 and it redials.
  8. #8  
    Mine definitely does NOT do this either. That's unfortunate, but certainly not a reason for me to return the best headset i've found.


    Correction....i tried it again after a soft reset, and it does indeed work. Pretty cool feature.
    Last edited by SailRace; 07/07/2005 at 10:40 AM.
  9. #9  
    How many of you have your Treo wake up when you hit any button on your headset though? Mine works to redial, but I have to have turned power on the Treo itself and turn keyguard off.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TTG
    First of all...EXCELLENT FIND!
    What I should have said before.....thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by C. Hawk
    Mine will wake up the Treo if I press the headset multi-function button once, but I can't get it to redial my phone the way you describe.
    SailRace said that it worked for him after a soft reset. Did you try resetting yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by pizenson
    I just tested mine... It works!!!! I have to hold mine down 4-5 seconds and then let go and it does it. I hold it down until I hear a tone and then release... It takes a sec or 2 and it redials.
    When discovering this yesterday, I had to hold down for about 3 seconds. Today it was 4-5. I am thinking that yesterday it may have even been closer to the 4-5 you describe, but I was so excited that it was redialing that I may have miscounted.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRace
    Correction....i tried it again after a soft reset, and it does indeed work. Pretty cool feature.
    I am glad it worked for you and thank you for editing your post to let others know it as well. Kudos!
    Quote Originally Posted by TTG
    Mine works to redial, but I have to have turned power on the Treo itself and turn keyguard off.
    Are you using anything that would prevent your Treo from waking up to keypresses other than keyguard? I dont have anything on mine that works in the background, so I'm just guessing that it could be the reason why your LMP isnt responding without user intervention.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Are you using anything that would prevent your Treo from waking up to keypresses other than keyguard? I dont have anything on mine that works in the background, so I'm just guessing that it could be the reason why your LMP isnt responding without user intervention.
    Not sure. I use 2Day and have a bunch of other apps like KeyShades hack that I guess work in the background but don't know which, if any, would prevent it from waking up. Anyone know what would do that?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  12. #12  
    One new observation today regarding the redial. Mine only seems to work when i press the Volume - key. Using hte + key doesn't seem to do anything. So for those having probelms. Give it a try.

Posting Permissions