1.    #1  
    Does anyone know any additional software codes that can be used for trouble shooting, information finding, or just plain something cool to know?

Here is what I have already, for my Cingular GSM 650:

*#06# For IMEI
    #*ERR for last fatal error
    #*786 for life timer
    #*SIGNAL for signal strength

I found the life timer very usefull since I am on my 5th replacement phone. Its nice to know if they actually sent me a new phone or a refirbished one.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    You are probably aware of this list - http://mytreo.net/treofaq/HashCodes?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by porce
    Does anyone know any additional software codes that can be used for trouble shooting, information finding, or just plain something cool to know?

*#06# For IMEI
    #*786 for life timer

I found the life timer very usefull since I am on my 5th replacement phone. Its nice to know if they actually sent me a new phone or a refirbished one.

Thanks
    http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46

You sure about "life timer" ? Mine shows 357 minutes which is equivalent to just 6 hours. I've had this phone for almost a month now.
    Quote Originally Posted by muttdaemon
    http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46

You sure about "life timer" ? Mine shows 357 minutes which is equivalent to just 6 hours. I've had this phone for almost a month now.
    Will reflashing the rom via an update erase this information and set it back to 0? Its not possible that I only have 360 since I've had this phone for months already and have been making calls with it

*#06# For IMEI
    #*786 for life timer

Thanks
    Here's the most important one:
    ##732724
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    I believe this timer to be for actual phone usage not general treo usage.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    ##732724
    What exactly does this code do?
    Nothing happened when i did it on my sprint CDMA phone.
    Me neither!
    "I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    ##732724
    Nothing happened on my 650 GSM either. It tried to dial the number.
    Ok, here is a silly question. How do you use these codes? I have a Verizon 650. do I go to the phone app dial ## then the code and press send? All I ever get is a recording that I can't call that number. What should I be doing? it would certainly be nice to be able to identify what might be causing my infrequent resets. Thanks.
    ...##732724...What exactly does this code do?
    Let's decode it, shall we?
    7 3 2 7 2 4
    PQRS DEF ABC PQRS ABC GHI

It should always be the first code you try around here!
  13.    #13  
    I have an unlocked GSM with cingular. Depending what provider you have will determine what sequence of # or * you need before the code itself. I have seen other threads that use ## then the code. You'll have to try that on your non-cingular phones.

The mose useful one is the ERR (377) when you have a soft reset that you did not do your self.
    Quote Originally Posted by sci72
    Ok, here is a silly question. How do you use these codes? I have a Verizon 650. do I go to the phone app dial ## then the code and press send? All I ever get is a recording that I can't call that number. What should I be doing? it would certainly be nice to be able to identify what might be causing my infrequent resets. Thanks.

Anyone?
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sci72
    Anyone?
    on Verizon try #*#code#
    Or on other phones...##code#