1.    #1  
    I installed Palm Desktop 4.2.1 Rev B on my Mac OS X 10.4.1 Powerbook yesterday. Here are some observations:

1. The iSync conduit will NOT work with a fresh 4.2.1 Rev B install. You first need to install 4.2.1, configure iSync, and then install 4.2.1 Rev B. Furthermore, you *may* have to manually move the following conduits to the "iSync Disabled Conduits" folder: Address, Calendar, Contacts, Datebook, Tasks, ToDo.

2. The "Send To Desktop" droplet that came with Rev B does a very bad .avi to .asf conversion. The converted frames are significantly choppy compared those from the original droplet, which I copied over the new one with. I don't understand why this is, because both versions are the exact same size.

3. Rev B comes with new "Voice Memo" and "Note Pad" *Mac OS X* applications, though not the corresponding .prc files. See the VoiceMemo and NotePad from LifeDrive thread for how to easy download the .prc files.

Regards,
    Ian

PS Can someplan please tell me where the Memos are saved? I lost them from both the desktop and handheld during my install. I have backup folders to restore them from, but I just can find them.
    Last edited by Ian Douglas; 07/06/2005 at 04:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    So what are your raves?

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    So what are your raves?

Voice Memo and Note Pad - wicked cool!

I didn't want to duplicate my comments in the thread I pointed to. There are some minor quirks, but I've been lost without my voice memo since I traded in my Kyocera 6035 for a T600 way back when.

Gotta love this forum!

Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Douglas
    I installed Palm Desktop 4.2.1 Rev B on my Mac OS X 10.4.1 Powerbook yesterday. Here are some observations:

1. The iSync conduit will NOT work with a fresh 4.2.1 Rev B install. You first need to install 4.2.1, configure iSync, and then install 4.2.1 Rev B. Furthermore, you *may* have to manually move the following conduits to the "iSync Disabled Conduits" folder: Address, Calendar, Contacts, Datebook, Tasks, ToDo.
    I still can't get the conduit to load, even after I uninstalled the Rev B, and re-installed 4.2.1 from CD. I even hotsync'd with palm desktop so that isync would "see" hotsync manager. I feel like I'm using a Windows machine when I get a message on my mac that doesn't allow me a new route to install the isync conduit manually.

Does anybody/has anybody installed the isync conduit manually under Tiger?

Any help would be appreciated!
    Then again it may not. I'm not sure were you live but if you call Mac Media in Peoria Arizona, they should be able to help you out. 623-850-8000. I know for a fact that they have walked several people through it. They are not open tomorrow but they will be open Monday after 9am. Everyone there is friendly and knowledgeble. I hope this helps.