1.    #1  
    Hey all,

Brand new Treo, and maybe I got overanxious about getting the thing working... But I popped my SIM card in the tray, slipped it into the phone, and now I can't get the dang thing (the SIM card TRAY, that is) out of the phone.

I'm on the verge of breaking the lip of the tray with a screwdriver. It just won't budge!

I thought I had firmly pressed the card into the tray. I heard/felt it "click" as the manual suggests. But, I'm thinking that it is NOT seated properly, and that the top of the card is snagging on the inside of lip of the tray slot, and the thing's not coming out.

Any ideas?! Wow, this is frustrating.

(If I DO break the tray, can I get another? I sure hope it doesn't come to that, but it would be good to know nonetheless.)

Thanks, folks!

-Kirk
    Where did you get it? Can you take it back and let them fix it? If they break it, you get a new phone!

Also, why do you need the sim card out?
  3.    #3  
    Well, the thing finally came out -- and with the pressure of my fingernail. Of course this was after cursing it and having at it with a screwdriver (none of which I recommend, btw). Either I loosened it along the way somehow, or it simply decided to let go eventually -- but, in the end, the SIM card WAS secure in the tray. Very, very odd (and frustrating!).

Anyway, I needed the SIM card out to put back in my old phone until the time that I can sync the Treo with my computer and get my contacts in it. (I CAN do that, right?!) I'm on vacation right now, left the Palm sync software CD at the office, and need access to my contacts tomorrow...

So, all is well now. Thanks for checking out this thread. I can't wait until I get this thing up-and-running so that I don't have to think about taking the SIM out again!

-Kirk
    Quote Originally Posted by KMeloney
    Anyway, I needed the SIM card out to put back in my old phone until the time that I can sync the Treo with my computer and get my contacts in it. (I CAN do that, right?!)
    Sure you can do that as long as you've stored you names/numbers on the SIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Sure you can do that as long as you've stored you names/numbers on the SIM.
    I don't think that's what Kirk means - he wonders if he can sync his contacts on his computer to the Treo, and the answer is yes, you can.

If you have contacts stored on your SIM you can also see those on your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by KMeloney
    I needed the SIM card out to put back in my old phone until the time that I can sync the Treo with my computer and get my contacts in it.
    Hmm, I take this to mean he hasn't yet synced the Treo with his computer for the first time so he thinks he need to take the SIM out of the Treo and use it in another phone.

What is unclear is if his contacts are stored on the SIM card or not. If so, he can use any phone and see them, the Treo included. There's no need to use the old phone. Unless the contacts are not on the SIM and only on the old phone in which case he's correct in needing the use the SIM in the old phone.

Last edited by lgreenberg; 07/06/2005 at 09:02 PM.