1.    #1  
    Searched the threads and found SETAutoOff and AlwaysOn. Neither stays set after a soft reset. My treo wakes up randomly all the time so I need a program to auto off after about 30 secs instead of 2 min since I can't seem to fix the random wake-ups that drain my battery. Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Hmm... did you try Preferences|General|Power, then set "Auto-off after" to 30 seconds?

Brett
  3.    #3  
    That doesn't survive a SR either.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    It does on my 650 (Unlocked Cingular with Unlocked GSM firmware). Is it possible that some third party app is resetting it on a soft reset? What does it get reset to when you soft reset?

Brett
  5.    #5  
    It resets to standard 2 minutes. It's unfortunate because my treo resets a couple of times a day and I don't want to go back and change it every time. I have locked GSM cingular, maybe it is a firmware issue. Thanks for the input, though
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    It could be, but I'm almost certain that even with the standard Cingular firmware that setting survived soft resets on my phone. You could always try a hard reset and try it before installing anything else. I think it may be a software issue.

Brett
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryrub
    Searched the threads and found SETAutoOff and AlwaysOn. Neither stays set after a soft reset. My treo wakes up randomly all the time so I need a program to auto off after about 30 secs instead of 2 min since I can't seem to fix the random wake-ups that drain my battery. Thanks in advance for any pearls of wisdom
    I don't know if this is the same as SETAutoOff, but I've been using this and my setting has not been affected by any applications or soft resets. From the description: New option "check on every App quit" to prevent certain applications to change the auto-off timer from the value set in AutoOff. I've been using v1.3 (free), but a new version 1.4 has been posted (shareware). The trial is 1.3, you can only get v1.4 after buying it.
    AutoOff1.4