Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I should know - I've spent a small fortune. Each has its own upsides, but are outweighed by their downsides. No one headset has it all. My summaries below are all with a Sprint Treo 650 with 1.12 firmware. Still searching for the headset that has it all.

SE HBH 65 - comfortable. sleek. Earpiece volume too low. Requires Jabra ear gels. Outbound quality digitized and muffled.

SE HBH 660, 662 - same as HBH 65. Outbound quality slightly better but still unacceptably digitized and muffled.

SE HBH 300 - Large. Earpiece volume too low with the obligatory ear hook. Too cumbersome to use with hook and Jabra ear gels. Outbound quality excellent.

Cardo Scala - cheap. Somewhat flimsy. Earpiece volume acceptable. Outbound quality digitized, muffled.

Treo Wireless Headset - Ugly. Ear hook flimsy, poorly implemented and a joke. Requires Jabra ear gels. Earpiece volume acceptable if not loud with ear gels. Outbound quality too digitized and muffled.

Jabra 250v: Sleek. Built well. Comfortable. Earpiece volume too low. Outbound quality acceptable as long as Treo and headset are close to each other, otherwise riddled with pops and crackles.
    PalmOne headset works great... I love mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    PalmOne headset works great... I love mine.

Hmm, same as mine. I was beginning to wonder after reading the review. At least I know I'm not the only one.
    I like my HS850 it may not be perfect, but it works as well as speaking directly on the phone and I have had no complaints about my voice quality. you can get it from COMPUSA and if not happy then return it and you will not add to the "small fortune"
    The logitech mobile pro is pretty good. I traded in my HS850 (which I loved on my PPC) because it is not fully compatible with the T650. Here is my take on the LMP:

PROS:
    Super long battery (6 hours+ talk time)
    Neat charging cradle
    Folding boom to fit in my shirt pocket
    Excellent sound quality for me and the other party
    Easy to understand buttons and lights
    Does all features with T650
    Super easy to put on and off
    Fits very securly
    Strong BT signal

Cons:
    My ear gets tired after a while and I have to take it off or switch ears
    Slight delay in call switch over
    Charger a teeny bit bulky for travel (it is the size of a sunglasses case or smaller)
    Light is not on solid during a call (saves battery but I like to have a way for my kids to know if I am on a call)
    I use a Motorola HS810. Seems fine to me. I've asked other people how I sound and they good. I've tried leaving myself voicemail and it sounds good as well. $33 well spent. I do wish the case was smaller, but it's a belt case.
    Quote Originally Posted by puppyfriend
    I use a Motorola HS810. Seems fine to me. I've asked other people how I sound and they good. I've tried leaving myself voicemail and it sounds good as well. $33 well spent. I do wish the case was smaller, but it's a belt case.
    The HS810 wouldn't handle an outgoing call automatically. You had to manually turn the headset on.
    I second dheymann's analysis... I got my Logitech Mobile Pro last week and love it.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just got a Bluespoon AX. It's so small and works great. So comfortable in my ear as well. I got it from eBay for $78 instead of $99 fromTreocentral store.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk

Jabra 250v: Sleek. Built well. Comfortable. Earpiece volume too low. Outbound quality acceptable as long as Treo and headset are close to each other, otherwise riddled with pops and crackles.
    I have to agree with this. I just received mine yesterday and I've been testing it out. Even when the Treo is close to the headset I experience crackles and pops. The 30 feet range that is listed for this device is certainly not true with me.
    i have been saying this over and over...there is no perfect headset...each one has a flaw or something

but i am very happy with my logitech mobile pro, and cannot wait for the jabra bt500 to come out (what is it 2 yrs running?)
  12.    #13  
    Update to the original post:

I ordered the Plantronics Voyager. Here's the verdict:

Comfortable. Seems well-built. Acceptable outbound voice quality. Earpiece volume sub-par, barely audible in car (Porsche 911).

Still looking for the right headset.

YoungTurk
    ...Earpiece volume sub-par, barely audible in car (Porsche 911).

Still looking for the right headset.

YoungTurk
    Just picked up the perfect BT headset for my 650 - the Acura TL.
    I should know - I've spent a small fortune. Each has its own upsides, but are outweighed by their downsides. No one headset has it all. My summaries below are all with a Sprint Treo 650 with 1.12 firmware. Still searching for the headset that has it all.
    Thanks for sharing your personal review.

However, I have no complaints with my HBH 660 & 662 with Jabra Eargels.
    No complaints from people at the other end of the line either.

Good luck buddy. Within 5 years from now, I predict that everybody will be using Bluetooth Headsets.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    i have been saying this over and over...there is no perfect headset...each one has a flaw or something

but i am very happy with my logitech mobile pro, and cannot wait for the jabra bt500 to come out (what is it 2 yrs running?)
    Is the logitech full duplex? Thanks
    I just spent my first day with the Motorola HS650 and my Verizon Treo 650. I had no trouble pairing them up, though I previously paired the 650 with my Mac Powerbook, which may have helped a bit. The headset is comfortable to wear, however I feel like a damn Borg with the blinking blue LED. I can hear conversations OK when in a quiet area, but the volume is barely loud enough when there is background noise. There is also a slight but noticeable hiss at all times. People I'm talking to report that they can understand me, but I have a "mushy" sounding voice. The BT connection is good when the headset is within 10'; however, there is lots of static beyond that range. The low battery indicator went off well before 8 hours of talk time, probably after just four hours (I did a full charge before using it.)

All in all, it' not a bad headset, and it's available for $70 now at Amazon.com. Still, I might return it for the Sony HBH-300, which has a longer boom and no annoying LED.

Edit - I just learned about the new Motorola headset models: RAZR H3, H500 and H700. I'll stick with the HS850 for a while, and then get its newer, smaller version, the H700, when it comes out.

Regards,
    Ian
    Last edited by Ian Douglas; 07/22/2005 at 07:32 AM.
    Since the 1.12 update I have had very little problems with my Jabra 250BT. Nearly all the time it is clear. It connects fast. I did set PXClocker to 468 for bluetooth and that seemed to speed the connection up. I really like the design. I can carry it looped around my shirt buttons and it is virtually unseen. When a call comes in, it is close, so I can put it in my ear with no problems and the volume is great. If fact, since the update, I have to turn it down most of the time.
    How did you get the HS850 to pair with the Treo 650? I can't seem to get the Treo to recognize the HS850?

Quote Originally Posted by lite blue
    I like my HS850 it may not be perfect, but it works as well as speaking directly on the phone and I have had no complaints about my voice quality. you can get it from COMPUSA and if not happy then return it and you will not add to the "small fortune"
    I've tried the HS810, HS850, and the Scala

the Scala has been the clear best, so far ----- its not perfect, but the best one I've found, so far
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast