Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Also how about the Sony DR-BT1K? (http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...oductSKU=DRBT1K ) I know the price is listed @ $199.00 but I saw that unit in my local Sony Style store for $74.99, has anyone tried this one either?
    Daaaaaang, that thing is big, I'd like to see it compared to the HBH300 and the Plantronics with the longer boom. I have not seen any posts about the Sony here, although I could be mistaken...
    I forgot that I ordered the Plantronics 510 based on the reviews here and elsewhere some while ago, but I just got it in the mail today, and I can say I am truly and madly in love with it!

The sound is great inbound, and outbound all the people I've called say it's as if I'm talking directly from my Treo. They couldn't believe I was using a bluetooth. No B-tone (buzzing), no hissing sound, no static, all voices in and out, clear as a bell.

I'd tried the SE HBH-330 / 608 /610 / 660, Jabra BT500, Flamingo, GG03a, Moto HS850, Logitech Traveller, and I can honestly say this is even better than the HBH-300, which was the best before I tried this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zahar1775
    I forgot that I ordered the Plantronics 510 based on the reviews here and elsewhere some while ago, but I just got it in the mail today, and I can say I am truly and madly in love with it!

The sound is great inbound, and outbound all the people I've called say it's as if I'm talking directly from my Treo. They couldn't believe I was using a bluetooth. No B-tone (buzzing), no hissing sound, no static, all voices in and out, clear as a bell.

I'd tried the SE HBH-330 / 608 /610 / 660, Jabra BT500, Flamingo, GG03a, Moto HS850, Logitech Traveller, and I can honestly say this is even better than the HBH-300, which was the best before I tried this.

You've had the Plantronics 510 for a few days now. Do you still think it's better than HBH-330 or 660?
    Thanks
    I hav e had my Plantronics 510 for 8 months now and I love it. My only complaint is that on wendy days outside it does have issues with others hearing you. Other than that it has great range, sound, and battery life for me
    Well, this Plantronics is still the best of all the headsets I've tried with my Treo 650. Since my last post, I've gone and bought the Logitech Mobile Freedom, and the 510 still beats that. The Logitech was loud, paired easily but it sometimes has static issues whereas the 510 was superb all the time.

The other night, my wife and I were at a bar, and the place was full of people and noisy as heck. so I just had to make a call and test out my 510.

The person on the other end said he could hear something in the background but it wasn't very loud to him and he couldn't tell what it was but he could hear me quite well in the call. I didn't tell him where I was but I can tell you, the place was LOUD!

BTW, I never switch off my Treo bluetooth and the headset is on all the time too. It will and does lose pairing once in a while, but I have never had to re-pair the two manually at all.

What I mean is this. If I happen to get a call while the two had lost pairing, all I need to do is wait until about the 3rd or 4th ring at which time the 510 will recognize the call signal and re-pair with my Treo on its own. That alone makes this a jewel for my use.

And I use the windsock that comes with it, I put a piece of tape on it which I have to change when it starts to lose its stickiness, because I don't want to have to pay $4 just for a replacement.

My only trouble thus far with the 510 is I find the pairing process unintuitive and difficult for me to do (i.e. pressing and holding in the + symbol and the MFB is troublesome and fiddly for me). What that's done is it's prevented me from pairing with my other phones and then re-pairing back with my Treo like I like to do with my other headsets.

I can still recommend the 510 to anyone with the Treo 650 and the latest firmware update to give this a try. The HBH-300 is great but to me, this is better. And cheaper.

PS: I am waiting for the Nxzen 5500 I just ordered from blueheadsets.com and I'll give it a whirl to see how that stacks up with the 510.
    Last edited by zahar1775; 02/21/2006 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Add an example
    For those of you looking for a Jabra BT800 at the lowest price I've found, check out auctions.overstock.com and do a search on BT800. I just scored one for $19.98 including shipping. I plan on trying it with my T700w
    That's all I get from Jabra's BT250v. I can have the phone inches away from the headset and I still get static background noise. I just purchased a plantronic 510 and I'm praying its better, if not, then I'm assuming the problem may be a hardware issue.
    Based on my experience, the probelm is with the Treo. Hopefullyt the 700p will solve this
    It is the treo. I paired my Plantronics discovery 640 with my wife's mm-A900 and it worked beautifully. I mean it was perfect. It wasn't too awefully bad with my 650 either. I went over that here in this thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108085

and in this one...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107972
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
  10.    #70  
    As the original poster, i'd like to change my opinion of the Cardo Scala 500. I pulled it out of the headset graveyard yesterday and have been using it at home and in my car over the last couple of days. I'm amazed. Was it just the installation of the silicone cap that Cardo now provides upon request? (http://cardowireless.com/scala500/clips.php)

No person on the other end of any of my calls either at home, the office or in the car have asked me to repeat myself or asked where I was calling from. And the inbound volume is loud - even in the car.

Based on all of these, I'm highly recommending the Scala 500 and saying that there in fact is a 'good' headset for the Treo 650.

YoungTurk
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    It is the treo. I paired my Plantronics discovery 640 with my wife's mm-A900 and it worked beautifully. I mean it was perfect. It wasn't too awefully bad with my 650 either. I went over that here in this thread...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108085

and in this one...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107972
    I agree...I have been using the 640 for about 1 week now. Not too bad. But I suspected that it would do much better with another phone. It helps that I only use it while driving.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    I just started using my Jabra BT200 on my treo. That was the older model that came with an adapter for non-bluetooth phones. I bought it about 3 years ago and then kinda lost interest in it due to the bulky adapter. But i dug it out of the graveyard of parts/holsters/chargers and started using it about a week ago. As far as I can tell it works flawlessly. I hear the other party fine and they have told me i dont sound like im on a headset at all. No problems while driving or just walking around my house(15-20ft.) The only issue ive had is windnoise but thats comon for all headsets bluetooth or otherwise. I have volumecare installed but i did not enable the headset feature since I have not found a reason to.

I dont know if they still make them but i would recommed this to anyone, maybe the BT250 is just as good. Just my 2c.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Because of this thread, I bought a Cardo Scala from Amazon for $35.00. It works pretty good, as well as my Jabra BT200.

What I really like (so far) is that it is the most comfortable headset I have worn. Every one I had worn previously hurt my ears, sometimes giving me a head. The Cardo clips to my glasses and is almost unnoticable. I think the free gelcap will make it even better, holding it in place.
    Last edited by 4ster; 03/21/2006 at 09:44 PM.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    I ordered the Motorola H605 online and while waiting for it to arrive, I bought the Plantronics BT320 at the Verizon counter at my local Circuit City (15-day return policy ).

The Plantronics 320 sound quality is excellent, and it's easy to pair with the 650. My callers only complaint was wind noise - sound quality is good. It grips your ear pretty tightly, which is my first complaint - uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so. Also, minimalist controls - answer/volume. No mute.

The Motorola H605 arrived today and I am very disappointed - hissy static unless I literally hold my 650 close (18 inches) to the headset - kinda defeats the purpose... Although callers on the other end say they can't hear it. I will say that it is VERY comfortable, and sound volume (including the hiss) is good. Bottom line: thumbs down.

I'm going to give the Voyager 510 a try.

-=- Update -=-

Overall I'm happy with the Voyager 510. Super comfy for extended wear, good control placement, mute button on the headset, good sound quality. Minor hissing at my end (which I now am convinced is from lousy Treo BT antenna), callers say sound quality rivals a land line. I like boom headsets so that appealed to me too. A little slower than the P320 in 'waking up' when a call comes in, but still acceptable.
    Last edited by dwaltuck; 03/30/2006 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Update
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234