Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i used to believe that there was no good BT headset for the Treo 650 because the Treo's BT implementation was weak - and thus i blamed the Treo. Now i'm not so sure. WHY? because my friend just bought a 2005 BMW X5 4.8is and we hooked his Cingular 650 up to the SUV's hands-free system and the sound was clear and solid with NO STATIC. in the past ive tried the AX2 and the Treo headset and there was always static. So i'm not sure it's the Treo's fault.
    I have found that the SE HBH 610 works well. I know many disagree, but it works great for me
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Motorola H700 has issues...

Search for "Motorola H700" and check out the :-( results.
    My current set of headsets...

HBH662 + eargel = small and compact with great inbound sound due to the eargel usage. When quizzing my listeners, they only denote wind noise when I am in a environment with significant air movement. Otherwise outbound sound seems normal to them.

HBH300 + eargel = took a bit to get use to, but I can put this on like its a second skin... and stays on like a glove when when I am on the move (eg, running). Inbound sound like the 662 due to the eargel. Outbound sound is superb due to the long boom and active noise canceling (662 has anc as well). HOWEVER, a windscreen is required in windy environments - get the little button windscreens from Radio Shack, they fit perfectly over the tip of the boom. Only complaint is the long LED window that flashses green when it is on... I get lots of weird looks at night.

HS810 = any Motorola I have tried with the 650 is... well, crap to me. But that's my personal opinion. I've returned the other HS models. I keep this one for use as a backup with my tmobile moto phone since it was free.

Logitech Mobile Freedom = built on windscreen makes this a KEEPER for use in the car and in open fields. For those that the earloop is comfortable, this thing stays on very well.

Wish it worked:
    Jabra BT800 - when I use it on non Treo phones, I loved it.

Went the way of the garbage can:
    Plantronics M2500 - outbound sound quality was horrible no matter where I was.
    Using a Treo Headset w/ eargels and, after forming the ear hook to my own ear, I wind up constantly feeling like a geek for walking around with it still on my ear cause I forgot I was wearing it. Excellent reception both ways on Cingular 650.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 01/25/2006 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by patord

HBH662 + eargel = small and compact with great inbound sound due to the eargel usage. When quizzing my listeners, they only denote wind noise when I am in a environment with significant air movement. Otherwise outbound sound seems normal to them.

HBH300 + eargel = took a bit to get use to, but I can put this on like its a second skin... and stays on like a glove when when I am on the move (eg, running). Inbound sound like the 662 due to the eargel. Outbound sound is superb due to the long boom and active noise canceling (662 has anc as well). HOWEVER, a windscreen is required in windy environments - get the little button windscreens from Radio Shack, they fit perfectly over the tip of the boom. Only complaint is the long LED window that flashses green when it is on... I get lots of weird looks at night.

HS810 = any Motorola I have tried with the 650 is... well, crap to me. But that's my personal opinion. I've returned the other HS models. I keep this one for use as a backup with my tmobile moto phone since it was free.

Logitech Mobile Freedom = built on windscreen makes this a KEEPER for use in the car and in open fields. For those that the earloop is comfortable, this thing stays on very well.

Wish it worked:

Dittos to your reviews. Same results on the HBHs and the BT800. 'Been with the HBH300 quite a while now, and haven't seen anything that beats it. This headset has been out a long time now. You'd think they would have updated it by now. My techno geek bone is getting itchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    Update to the original post:

I ordered the Plantronics Voyager. Here's the verdict:

Comfortable. Seems well-built. Acceptable outbound voice quality. Earpiece volume sub-par, barely audible in car (Porsche 911).

Still looking for the right headset.

YoungTurk
    If in the car is your issue, get one of the speaker types that clip to your visor.

Check out the Supertooth II
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungTurk
    UComfortable. Seems well-built. Acceptable outbound voice quality. Earpiece volume sub-par, barely audible in car (Porsche 911).
    As a 911 user I can attest not much in the way of sound proofing. The Planronic 590A may make ya look like a helicopter pilot or a race car driver but it shoud muffle any road noise. Tho MSRP is $250, can be had for under $110.
    Quote Originally Posted by patord

Wish it worked:

Great information - and you certainly seem to have a lot of headsets. I had the Motorola 850, but unless I was at home/office in a quiet environment, the earpiece volume was too soft/quiet and I had to press it agaist my ear to hear.

I'm looking to get a headset. Which would you recommend? I am thinking between the HBH662 or the HBH300. I'm surprised you don't use either of these in your car.

Also, what earpiece do you use with them?

Thanks for the helpful review. You don't happen to have the Platronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth Headset to compare to? I was considering that one as well, but from the reviews it seems sound quality is poor and sound is important to me.
    Last edited by jlee6; 02/05/2006 at 10:26 PM.
    Jabra JX10 is the best I have tried so far! Works great and plenty lound with the 650.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I started with the Jabra 110; had okay sound, poor signal, great talk time, sort of heavy.
    Then the Jabra 800; had okay sound, poor signal, okay talk time, medium weight, really cool gadget, took a long time to connect to phone approx. 10 seconds. Sent it back.
    Next was the Logitech Mobile Freedom best device I've had so far; okay sound, decent signal, excellent talk time 10-14 Hrs., medium weight, fast connect and great sound outside with the wind screen feature.
    I had a Motorola HS-850 did not get to use it long, lost it somewhere; poor sound, poor signal, light weight, fast connect, okay talk time.
    Last is the Cardo Scala-500; Great sound, light weight, fast connect, okay talk time, good signal, and I still use it as a back up.

Next will probably be the Motorola H300 Bluetooth Headset, because it has up to 30 hours talk time or 30 days of standby time with a replaceable AAA battery and 1.2 bluetooth.
    Has anyone tried the Oakley? How about a review?

Also how about the Sony DR-BT1K? (http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ductSKU=DRBT1K ) I know the price is listed @ $199.00 but I saw that unit in my local Sony Style store for $74.99, has anyone tried this one either?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE

but the problem with the Oakleys is if its dark or raining out you cant use your $300.00 BT headset. So, until they come out with a mount for an earpiece these wont sell at all.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    but the problem with the Oakleys is if its dark or raining out you cant use your $300.00 BT headset. So, until they come out with a mount for an earpiece these wont sell at all.
    I wouldn't think so, not in ths day and age. I imagine you can put any lenses you want into those thingies. I mountain bike and the choice glasses for the sport are Oakley or Rudy Project. I went with the Rudy's and have 3 sets of prescription lenses that I can swap out. One is dark, one is clear (I use it when attending seminars) and one is tinted for woodland riding (orangish). There's also the "adjust to light level" lenses. I did call Oakley and you can buy prescription lenses through their dealers and though ya couldn't swap them, "transitional" lenses (adjust on light conditions) are available.

Hmmmm....maybe to to upgrade my Rudy's.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Try the $300 Nextlink 5G. That thing is only 5 grams!
    I have tried them all too. The problem in my opion is with the Treo and not the headset, particularly with regards to the volume. I currently have the Nokia HS-4w which works really well, except for the volume. Hopefully the 700p will fix this
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Plenty of volume with either Scala 500, Logitech Mobile Traveler or Mobile Freedom...I find the Mobile Freedom to be the best match for the 650.
    I tried the Scala 500. Reception is bad if the Treo is in your pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    Try the $300 Nextlink 5G. That thing is only 5 grams!
    EXCEPT this is the MSG. from their website..............

"TEMPORARILY NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO A QUALITY CONTROL ISSUE WITH THE BATTERIES. PLEASE EMAIL BEFORE PURCHASING!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast