Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have the Motorola 850 with my Treo 650, too.

I hear clearly and people listening to me say they hear me clearly.

But, the volume is too low. When it's quiet, I can hear people okay. When there's more background noise around me, it's actually quite difficult to hear. The volume just doesn't go loud enough.

Pairing was very easy, with no problems. I just followed the instructions that came with it.

Michael
    I have the motorola razrwire.

The Good: Very secure. great battery life (weird, I know..a Motorola product with good battery life!). good volume, good mic, small

The Bad: UGLY. OAKLEY? (they can't expect to sell that many...the masses don't buy expensive sunglasses, but I did file down my $3 sunglasses and it fits ok) the earpiece is HUGE! and after short while very painful.

The search continues.....
    I just got my Treo650 and love it! I also got the Motorola HS850 and cant seem to get it to work. When i make an outgoing call it doesn't connect to the call correctly. I push the multifunction button and the phone indicates that the bluetooth is connected but there is no sound coming out of the earpiece, then if I press the button again it disconnects the call. Also, it doesn't redial the last number dialed as the book says it does (by pushing and holding the multifunction button). Anyone having similar problems? Any solutions? Thanx!
    Quote Originally Posted by treorlhvac
    I just got my Treo650 and love it! I also got the Motorola HS850 and cant seem to get it to work. When i make an outgoing call it doesn't connect to the call correctly. I push the multifunction button and the phone indicates that the bluetooth is connected but there is no sound coming out of the earpiece, then if I press the button again it disconnects the call. Also, it doesn't redial the last number dialed as the book says it does (by pushing and holding the multifunction button). Anyone having similar problems? Any solutions? Thanx!
    Bad news Treor. The HS850 is not fully compatible with the Treo 650. I learned this the hard way because I owned one. There is a compatibility list on the PalmOne website which lists the headsets that are partially compatible (meaning they won't automatically transfer outgoing calls to the headset and other things they won't do) and it lists those that are fully compatible. There are a number of postings listing the headsets that various people have and what they like and don't like about them. I have the Logitech Mobile Pro and I am very happy with it, though it does have a couple of minor drawbacks. Read the postings in this thread and others and you will be able to decide which ones to buy. I believe the HS850 will handle outgoing calls if you push the multi button after the call is connected. It will not redial.
    I've used the following headsets:

Jabra 250: Great fit, terrible sound quality, and horrid signal (bad static pretty much all the time)

SE HBH-660: excellent sound quality, spiffy Caller ID -- but it doesn't fit my ear at all! (anyone want to buy it? I've got two)

Logitech Mobile Pro: good sound quality, good signal, fits decently. This has become my new favorite!

Steve
    After much trial, I have settled on the Logitech Mobil Pro. It has the best audio for hearing, and my hearing leaves something to be desired. The people I call say it is clear even while riding in my car. I tried the Cardio 500, and it was ok. It hurt my ear after a short time and the volume was just not enough. The Sony Ericcson was just uncomfortable and felt a bit clunky to me. the Mobile Freedom did not want to stay put on my ear. The closest runner up was the Motorola 850? but it was very inconsistent in picking up calls. The Mobile Pro grabs the call each time, it stays on my ear, doesn't hurt after long wear and I can hear!
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    Bad news Treor. The HS850 is not fully compatible with the Treo 650. I learned this the hard way because I owned one. There is a compatibility list on the PalmOne website which lists the headsets that are partially compatible (meaning they won't automatically transfer outgoing calls to the headset and other things they won't do) and it lists those that are fully compatible. There are a number of postings listing the headsets that various people have and what they like and don't like about them. I have the Logitech Mobile Pro and I am very happy with it, though it does have a couple of minor drawbacks. Read the postings in this thread and others and you will be able to decide which ones to buy. I believe the HS850 will handle outgoing calls if you push the multi button after the call is connected. It will not redial.
    There seems to be an issue with the Treo 650 on this one. Both devices are supposed to support the handsfree bluetooth profile yet together they don't. This stumped me because I had previously tried a Jabra BT250v that did work with the handsfree profile on my Treo. I mainly use my HS-850 during my commute so I can live with the limitation. However, it would be nice if companies implemented the standard in compatable ways - doesn't really sound logical does it?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Thumbs up to the Logitech Mobile Freedom w/ Windstop Technology
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I am a Treo BT Headset user and for the most part am happy with it. But, in my continuing search for more "gadgets", I just purchased this "clear" model of a Cardo Scala 500.

This same site, Anything4Wireless also has the Jabra BT130 for sale.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Slightly off topic, but I have a Treo 600 using the Jabra 200 BT Dogel, with Logitech Mobile Freedom. It seems to support most main functions. Answer, Hang up on calls, also using the answer button the third party voice dialer program works.

I can hear very clearly, the folks on the other end generally say my voice quality is decent.

What you hear is true about the comfort. It take a bit of adjusting to fit on the ear without hurting, but once it is adjusted correctly or your ear goes numb you can hardly tell you have it on.

I had the Scala 500 and was not pleased. Low voice vol and hard to get to fit.

Bottom line, every ear is differant and what works for one does not work for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy
    How did you get the HS850 to pair with the Treo 650? I can't seem to get the Treo to recognize the HS850?
    Just follow the instructions. Worked fine for me.
    After much research and a few tests (Treo WH and Moto 850) I'm starting to believe that this is ture - "There is no 'Good' BT headset for the Treo 650".

I would love to try the Cellpoint Flamingo but have read very little about its performance with the Treo 650.

Can anyone provide any info on if our quest for a *better* BT wireless headset is here yet?

Important Criteria:

1. Call Clarity/Volume (Inbound and Outbound)
    2. Range
    3. Size/Weight
    4. Appearance
    5. Battery Life
    6. Pairing Ease/Stability
    7. Feature Set
    8. Integration/Compatibility with Treo 650 (Profiles Support)
    9. Durability
    10. Charging Options
    11. Extras
    12. Price

Maybe the technology is just not here yet.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a BT headset that is easy to turn on or off (like the HS850) that actually works for both out going and in coming calls on the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    After much research and a few tests (Treo WH and Moto 850) I'm starting to believe that this is ture - "There is no 'Good' BT headset for the Treo 650".

I would love to try the Cellpoint Flamingo but have read very little about its performance with the Treo 650.

Can anyone provide any info on if our quest for a *better* BT wireless headset is here yet?

Important Criteria:

1. Call Clarity/Volume (Inbound and Outbound)
    2. Range
    3. Size/Weight
    4. Appearance
    5. Battery Life
    6. Pairing Ease/Stability
    7. Feature Set
    8. Integration/Compatibility with Treo 650 (Profiles Support)
    9. Durability
    10. Charging Options
    11. Extras
    12. Price

Maybe the technology is just not here yet.
    Test the HS805. I got one from radio shack for $45, and you can return it within 30 days. It meets many of the abouve needs, but you'd need to buy rechargable aaa battery
    Quote Originally Posted by alreadylinked
    I have to agree with this. I just received mine yesterday and I've been testing it out. Even when the Treo is close to the headset I experience crackles and pops. The 30 feet range that is listed for this device is certainly not true with me.
    I would guess that you are correct on the 30ft range; I've had some pops and crackles when I'm 8-10 feet from mine. However, within 5 feet, my Jabra 250v has been excellent, with no pops or crackles, which is pretty much what I need so my Treo can be on the car seat or in the cupholder while I'm driving (the rest of the time, it's in a Krusell case on my belt). I also like the way it fits my ear, and everybody I've talked to with it has said my voice quality when speaking to them is good.
    Treo owners. "STAY AWAY" from the H500. Serious Static issues. There are better headsets out there.
    Cellpoint Flamingo or Bluespoon AX Pro???????????
    Quote Originally Posted by prist001
    Treo owners. "STAY AWAY" from the H500. Serious Static issues. There are better headsets out there.
    Lucky me, I havent had any issues regarding static while using the H500.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I got a Bluespoon AX for mine - quality seems about as good as any other bluetooth headset I've ever used. Maybe I've got weird ears or something, but its little rubber thing didn't keep it in at all. Eventually I just ripped it off and replaced it with a Jabra gel - now it works great.

Tip for any company thinking about making a headset: License the gel technology from Jabra or rip it off or something, because it's the only good way of sticking something in your ear I've ever seen
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The tip with the AX works but the way you put it in is counter intuitive. The tail goes up not down in the ear. It takes a while to do this easily and there are no real instructions. That said I find their tip hurts my ear after about 4 hrs. so I too am using a Jabra gel as an alternative.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast