Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    This morning my Verizon Treo 650 decided to stop ringing when I had an incoming call, but it will give me notice when that caller leaves a message. I have a signal and have ZERO trouble dialing out from my location, but when I call my number from my office phone, it rings once (not the Treo) before going straight to voicemail.

    Any ideas? Is this an equipment issue or a service issue?

    Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. #2  
    Well, since you have other system sounds, we know the ringer off switch is not in the wrong position. Did you recently change your ringer setting (type of music or ring) and accidentally leave it in an "off" setting. Do you have anything like Butler or ProfileCare? Are those settings correct?

    Cheers, Perry.
  3. #3  
    Is something causing your data connection to be active constantly? What you are describing happens to me if I am actively surfing the web. Once I actually downloading a webpage (or an email attachment, etc...) then the calls come right through.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Is something causing your data connection to be active constantly? What you are describing happens to me if I am actively surfing the web. Once I actually downloading a webpage (or an email attachment, etc...) then the calls come right through.
    I agree, look into this. My phone did the same thing when I used Causerie in the background using the data service.
  5. #5  
    Hey to BrandNew,
    I occasionally have this problem too. I have sprint service. Some times I get a VM
    but there was no ring prior to VM ( I've successfully tested this problem - but for me
    it is very infrequent so concluded it wasn't worth worrying about too much...
    Is this happening consistantly for you? Or is it someone inconsistant.. or in my case
    infrequent?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjgloor
    Hey to BrandNew,
    I occasionally have this problem too. I have sprint service. Some times I get a VM
    but there was no ring prior to VM ( I've successfully tested this problem - but for me
    it is very infrequent so concluded it wasn't worth worrying about too much...
    Is this happening consistantly for you? Or is it someone inconsistant.. or in my case
    infrequent?
    same for me.. seems infrequent enough for me to really worry about it, but pisses me off at the time it happens.
  7. cadams's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #7  
    My wife's 650 is doing this too, she'll be sitting at her desk with her phone near a window on the second floor with 3 bars and she'll get a voicemail notice and no record of a missed call. I suspect that this and her unusually high data charges are related where for some reason a data connection is being opened and blocking out calls but there is no indication of a data transfer taking place with no arrows of any kind showing up near the signal nor any change in the LED. Calling VZW tonight to get this straightened out, should be fun.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I had turned the phone off and back on twice with no results; but of course when I called Verizon and they told me to turn the phone off, I turned it back on and haven't had a problem since.

    I have checked the other things suggested in posts and I have not changed the ringer settings nor do I have anything in the background, so I'm still wondering.

    Thanks again.
  9. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #9  
    Sometimes people can respond to a voicemail through their voicemail service by using the reply to message function. This will give you the voicemail notification without ringing the phone.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  10. #10  
    I posted this same problem yesterday with my Sprint branded Treo 650. I have (2) other Sprint phones in the house that never seem to miss a call, however my Treo 650 sometimes gets the voicemail notification without ever ringing.
    I DO NOT have any 3rd party apps that would access data mode, as a matter of fact, I'm completely STOCK on 1.08.

    I've asked callers who had left a message when this problem exhibits what they experienced on their end and I've been told numerous times that they do not even get ringback (hear the ringing sound) that the call goes straight to voicemail.

    The only setting that I have changed on my Treo is I have taken the enable network time feature off.
  11. #11  
    This is a known issue with the new sprint firmware, verizon 650's are known to be even worse... The problem is the CDMA version of the Treo can not make a phone and data call at the same time, and when on a data call it sends callers directly to vmail... It has become even worse with the latest sprint firmware, as the data connection gets stuck in on, and makes you miss all your calls... This is also the cause of the turbo battery drain issue...



  12. #12  
    Is there a program that will disconnect from the network by pressing one of the hard buttons or keypad? That would probably eliminate a lot of calls going straight to voicemail.
  13. cadams's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #13  
    I went through the settings with tech support last night and when we got to which band was being used my wife's phone was set to "Home" and not "Automatic" which he said it should always be in. My phone is set to Automatic and have not had the VM issue, but then aagin hardly anyone ever calls me. Check your settings by going to the dialer screen, open the menu and go to options and select band and chose "Automatic" and see if that helps.
  14. #14  
    cadams-

    I don't see where the settings for Home/Automatic are... When I go to the dialer screen and go to options, I don't see it listed anywhere...

    Also, one thing that I realized and I am going to test is that when I turn my phone application off and back on, there is no active data connection. I don't see any arrows on top of the signal meter, grey or green. When I go to access an internet funtion the unit will then ask if I want to connect to Internet.

    I was thinking exactly what aznmode is. Is there a way to disconnect from Vision services without rebooting the phone app???
  15. #15  
    http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/reset-netlib/

    This program resets the treo's network connection, i have been using it with no issues... You can set it to a hard button if u like... I set it to the side.



  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/reset-netlib/

    This program resets the treo's network connection, i have been using it with no issues... You can set it to a hard button if u like... I set it to the side.

    Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for =)
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for =)
    How do you set it to a hard button?

    Thanks,

    Pete
  18. cadams's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nymike
    cadams-

    I don't see where the settings for Home/Automatic are... When I go to the dialer screen and go to options, I don't see it listed anywhere...

    Also, one thing that I realized and I am going to test is that when I turn my phone application off and back on, there is no active data connection. I don't see any arrows on top of the signal meter, grey or green. When I go to access an internet funtion the unit will then ask if I want to connect to Internet.

    I was thinking exactly what aznmode is. Is there a way to disconnect from Vision services without rebooting the phone app???

    1. Go to phone dialer screen.
    2. press the drop down menu button or use the stylus to tap the top left corner of the screen.
    3. you have three menus, the third one over, farthest on the right is options, select that
    4. 4th option down is "select band", click that
    5. you will now have a screen that says "Available Bands" with Home and Automatic. It should be set to Automatic, if it's not highlight Automatic in blue then click OK and exit out of the menu. Go back in to make sre it worked.

    The same steps can be taken with the Treo 600 as well more or less.
  19. #19  
    go to prefs -> then buttons...



  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    1. Go to phone dialer screen.
    2. press the drop down menu button or use the stylus to tap the top left corner of the screen.
    3. you have three menus, the third one over, farthest on the right is options, select that
    4. 4th option down is "select band", click that
    5. you will now have a screen that says "Available Bands" with Home and Automatic. It should be set to Automatic, if it's not highlight Automatic in blue then click OK and exit out of the menu. Go back in to make sre it worked.

    The same steps can be taken with the Treo 600 as well more or less.
    I guess we must have different providers... I am using Sprint. My 4th option is "Dial Preferences"...
    Actually, my options menu looks like this:

    General Preferences
    Sound Preferences
    Phone Preferences
    Dial Preferences
    Phone Lock
    ----------------------
    Phone Info
    Tips
    About

    When I go into Dial Prefernces, there is an option box to select 'North American Dialing"

Posting Permissions