1.    #1  
    I received several messages from Rogers Wireless (my wireless provider) suggesting I upgrade to v1.30. The upgrade via Rogers website provides some info as to improvements, and fairly detailed instructions on how to accomplish the update.

Having completed the update, thus far, I do not see any obvious improvements.

From memory if I am correct, my previous version was 1.10 something, so v1.30 should be a significant change.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatSpot
    I received several messages from Rogers Wireless (my wireless provider) suggesting I upgrade to v1.30. The upgrade via Rogers website provides some info as to improvements, and fairly detailed instructions on how to accomplish the update.

From memory if I am correct, my previous version was 1.10 something, so v1.30 should be a significant change.
    do you not mean 1.13-ROW updating the firmware to 1.28 ??? If not can I get the link for the update to firmware 1.3...
    The most obvious change should have been that your available memory went up somewhat. There will be a number of less obvious changes as well.

There are a number of threads around chronicling user experience with the new ROMs. Suggest you have a peek at them.
    Memory increased by about 2M
    Handset volume improved.

Each carrier had different improvements/additions.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatSpot

Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim
    Memory increased by about 2M
    Handset volume improved.

Each carrier had different improvements/additions.
    Did you see the handset volume increase between 1.28 and 1.30 or were you upgrading directly from 1.15?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Rogers' is not offering 1.30...they are offering Firmware 1.28 and Software 1.13 ROW.

I have put it on three phones in the office. Each one's free memory almost doubled. Did not notice and significant volume increases. The only exception is the speaker phone got louder (loud enough to possibly use).
  7.    #7  
    Yes, thank you. It was early when I posted this morning and should have finished my coffee first. Firmware 1.28 and Software 1.13 ROW. As far as I know, this is the more current versions for Rogers Treo 650.