Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Right, misspelled...(again? )

Read this thread for more info....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...record+overlay
    Thank you so much, gfunk!! I read that thred partially, but was unaware of a solution. Awesome.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Treo can also load WAV files. You can use can use any number of audio editors or converters to convert an MP3 into a WAV file, and then edit it down so you're just using a small section of it. I usually just use a small loop, and save it as an 8 bit 32khz WAV file, and put it on my SD card. When you open the WAV file on your Treo (I use Resco Explorer to open it, just cause it's the most convenient way) then it automatically shows up in your in your Sound Manager app as a ring tone.

This option will be higher quality than the AMR sound files, as the AMR sounds are only 8khz.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scyber
    In versamail tap on the icon, not the name of the wav file. That should give you an "Open with.." menu (not sure of the exact wording). Choose to open it with the Sounds application and it will be added to your possible ringtones.
    I went through this step and opened the file using Sounds app and it asked me to rename the file. After changing it, it added the wav file to my sound list but i don't hear any sounds. Is there anything I'm missing? Please let me know. Thanks.
    You could always convert the MP3 back to a WAV format (CDEX can do that) and then with the Windows Sound Recorder cut out a clip. You can add the WAV files as ringtones without data conversion (just like MIDI), but of course they are much larger.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    You could always convert the MP3 back to a WAV format (CDEX can do that) and then with the Windows Sound Recorder cut out a clip. You can add the WAV files as ringtones without data conversion (just like MIDI), but of course they are much larger.
    Thanks O_Town_Racer. But my file is already in wav. format. It's probably about 149kb in size. And it did add the wav file in my sounds list, but unfortunately no sound is coming out. I'm using a Mac btw and I hotsync-ed it using the "Send-to-Handheld" application. Maybe the hotsyncing was corrupted somehow?
    just so i dont waste my time...

i dont have a data plan (am waiting for verizon to wise up and cheapen their data plans) but i want to send tones to my phone.

if i convert some audio files to amr or midi and hotsync them to my phone(i dont have email), will they automatically end up in my ringtone folder? if not, how will i get them to be played as ringtones. thanks in advance.
    No hotsync won't work. If it is a midi file I have been able to send them from one phone to another as a picture message.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

is that the only way to get those files to my phone? being send from another phone i mean...
    From what I can tell they have to be "sent" to the phone via email, mms or bluetooth. So in your situation you could try the Bluetooth path. I don't use VersaMail anymore but I know in the past I used the .zip plugin once or twice. I won't claim this will work but you can give it a try.

Copy .wav or .mid to SD card.
    In VersaMail create a new message, attach file from SD card. Save to Draft
    open message in drafts, tap on attachment and then view/save it (can't remember exactly)
    Then you could save it to ringtones.

Hope that works.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Yes you can you have to go under opions and record a new sound. You can record music by just making a new sound. You can record music right off the radio. But the best sound comes from when you record sound from ReadPlayer
    i attached it in versamail and saved it as a draft. then i went to my drafts and the sounds clip works however there is no place to save it. anyone know what to do or how to save it?? thanks
    While viewing the message in Drafts, tap and hold the yellow icon next to the file name. Tap select viewer, change viewer to sounds, then tap view. Name the file what you want the ringtone to be, tap OK. You will see your ringtones. Tap the sound to test.

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

you are a genius thanks so much. my long fight with ringtones without a 3rd party ap is finally complete thanks to all to helped!!!!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I just got a treo 650 from Verizon. I followed the instructions using versamail attachment. When I tap 'select viewer', I only get one option: MMWave. I do not have an option to select sounds. Anything else I can do?
    thanks!
    bill
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I know most of you think that this has been beaten to death, but I honestly cannot get a .wav file incorporated as a ringer. I do not have a third party app. I have used fileprogram to move the .wav all over. no go. I used versamail to handle the attachment as recommended here: don't get the option to save as ringtone. Any other clues?
    thanks!!!
    bill
    Try this. Download Ringo (demo version) use it to convert the tone to your ram. You can then remove Ringo. This is what I use with mp3's for my ringtones. I paid for it but I don't keep it installed.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    thanks for the suggestion, but I don't get it. I downloaded the ringo demo, but it only lets me use the mp3 as long as ringo is in ram. I didn't see an option to allow me to use a .wav file, and permanently make it a ringer. am I missing something?
    thanks!
    bill
    Quote Originally Posted by drwillec
    I know most of you think that this has been beaten to death, but I honestly cannot get a .wav file incorporated as a ringer. I do not have a third party app. I have used fileprogram to move the .wav all over. no go. I used versamail to handle the attachment as recommended here: don't get the option to save as ringtone. Any other clues?
    thanks!!!
    bill
    Quote Originally Posted by drwillec
    I just got a treo 650 from Verizon. I followed the instructions using versamail attachment. When I tap 'select viewer', I only get one option: MMWave. I do not have an option to select sounds. Anything else I can do?
    thanks!
    bill
    Im having the same problem and cant figure it out. Im on cingular 1.17 fw 1.51

When I saved the draft in versamail, then click the yellow folder and select viewer, then there is no options after that. I just shows "MMWave" as the player.

What gives?
    There are a few ways to get a wav file into the ringtones list. My preferred method: move the wav file(s) to the SD card. Use Resco Explorer (trial ok) to tap and hold on a wav file. This pops up a menu. Choose OPEN WITH >>> Sounds. The wav file will then appear within Sounds Manager with the name ?????. Tap it to hear it. If you want to keep it, assign a name within Sounds Manager. If not, just delete from within Sounds Manager, then do the same steps again til you get a wav file you like.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12