Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone else have a problem with their Treo 650 whereas the person you are talking to can't seem to hear you?

Unless I use my bluetooth headphone I seem to have to scream for the other party to hear me. Is this an unusual situation or is it normal?

I have a CDMA Treo 650 from Sprint running 1.12.
    Mine was fine, but I did recently get VolumeCare, which allows you to increase your microphone setting. . . . as one of it's many options.

(Do not set any setting to full !!!! TOO LOUD.)

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    I'll give it a try. The ONLY thing I don't like my treo for is voice calls. (DOH!)
    I'll post if this helps.
    Just bought Volume Care..the best $10 I've spent since my trip to vegas....
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
  5.    #5  
    Ok ... I tried this VolumeCare. My wife said that after I installed it I actually seemed *less* clear than prior. During the call I turned it on and off, and adjusted the mic volume, but in all cases the best result was still when I turned it off. (Which reverted me to the "you sound like you are talking to me from across the room" mode.)

Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    Does anyone else have a problem with their Treo 650 whereas the person you are talking to can't seem to hear you?

Unless I use my bluetooth headphone I seem to have to scream for the other party to hear me. Is this an unusual situation or is it normal?

I have a CDMA Treo 650 from Sprint running 1.12.
    Contrary to many others, I've had no problems with myself nor the other party hearing anything. My volume is up half way and I hear everything just fine.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    I am trying the VolumeCare trial--but it doesn't seem to be doing anything on my Treo. What am I doing wrong?
    DITTO!
    I am trying the VolumeCare trial--but it doesn't seem to be doing anything on my Treo. What am I doing wrong?

I Tried it a while back and didnt see any improvment, But just installed the most recent version (2.18) Now there is significant improvment I started with the initial setting nearly all the way up and had to back off a little it was TOO loud..
    I tried adjusting the volume while on a call -- noticed nothing when I moved the slider up and down.
    Hmmm... I think most people are deaf around here or something!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    All,

I have posted a new version or VolumeCare tonight. Today I bought an unlocked GSM 650 to complete my test lab. In doing a validation of the GSM unit, I found some erros in the way I was handlign the MIC adjustments and some adjustments in the speaker phone. Version 2.20 is available from:

GoTreo Software

I am very interested in your feedback!

Jeff
    Jeff,
    Thanks - can I install over version 2.19, or do I need to uninstall first? Also, does this fix the call waiting issue?
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidA
    Jeff,
    Thanks - can I install over version 2.19, or do I need to uninstall first? Also, does this fix the call waiting issue?
    David
    Right over the top is fine! I would suggest disabling VolumeCare first. There is a strong possibility that not doing so will cause a reset. I did have a manditory reset in the installation process but many people asked me to remove that restriction.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    zelgo and grndslm. What network are you guys on?
    CDMA, Sprint, in fact....but I really doubt that would matter as Jeff has CDMA as well.

About to try 2.20
    Any way to get an extension on the trial period? when i install the new version it tells me that my trial period has expired. thanks
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob
    Any way to get an extension on the trial period? when i install the new version it tells me that my trial period has expired. thanks
    I did not build in a trial extention feature into VolumeCare. To do so would take a lot of effort at this point. I will commit to you the same as I have for all other users that has requersted this trial extention:

If you have an expired trial period, I will request that you purchase the program through my website (I can do the easiest refunds from there). Then if after trying the program for a few additional days (5), you don't like it, tell me and I will refund your purchase. I am very confident that you will see the value VC brings to the table.

Jeff
    I tried 2.21--no change on the volume of the Treo650. Guess it just wasn't meant to be.
    What? This does not sounds right. I have many Verizon users that are seeing the same level of success as the rest of the general treo users.

Have you tried to continue to press the volume key after the graphic display is at its maximum? This is where you will hear the increased volume. I am also assuming that you have enabled the program and at least the handset and speaker phone options. I am also assuming that you have your speaker volumes on these options are set at about 60 - 70%. Then during a call, press and hold the Volume Up button for about 20 seconds. Does your volume get really loud?

Jeff
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    2.21 is great Jeff, I like the fact also that you changed the registration format from alpha to numeric only

I am currently using 2.21, but I don't think it made my gsm phone *As loud as 2.18 did. However it is still plenty loud enough. Handset speaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    What? This does not sounds right. I have many Verizon users that are seeing the same level of success as the rest of the general treo users.

Have you tried to continue to press the volume key after the graphic display is at its maximum? This is where you will hear the increased volume. I am also assuming that you have enabled the program and at least the handset and speaker phone options. I am also assuming that you have your speaker volumes on these options are set at about 60 - 70%. Then during a call, press and hold the Volume Up button for about 20 seconds. Does your volume get really loud?

Jeff
    I still haven't gotten around to trying 2.21 yet as I tried 2.20 and it still didn't work for me. But I think I found the problem hidden inside my inferior brain, jeff. I assumed that the volume would change as I moved the slider. Not that I had to move the slider AND the volume button.

I was just going to try it outta curiousity - to see how much louder the speakers could get. But I still doubt I'd have a need to pay $10 for this app as I'd consider the speakers loud enough. Why does Palm do such stupid stuff (like not setting the software's max vol level to the hardwares max threshhold...or not having keyshades functionality stock)?? Ahh...oh well, good developers like Jeff get to make a living off their hideous mistakes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast