1.    #1  
    Hi all, I just picked up my Treo 650 over the weekend... This thing is awesome and I'm loving every bit of it. (I can't believe I even considered a blackberry) One problem I'm experiencing though is that sometimes when people call me, the call will go directly to voicemail, the phone will not ring at all, however I will get a voicemail notification message immediately. Strange, as when I look at the signal strength of my Treo, the signal is very good, and my wife and I both have other Sprint phones and have never experienced a problem like this.

Is this a known problem with Sprint's Treo's?

I have software version 1.08

Thanks all.
    Mike
    Last edited by nymike; 07/06/2005 at 07:08 AM. Reason: adding more info
    Were you in active data mode (green arrows) when these calls went to voicemail?

It's seems Sprint phones (CDMA) won't receive calls while in active data mode.

Sometimes it's just the network being silly too. I've had it happen from time to time. I know I'm in a full service area, not using data, but all of a sudden a voicemail will pop up for a call I never missed/received. Just the nature of wireless phones I think.
  3.    #3  
    Actually, everytime it happens I'm not using the phone. Its usually on my belt or sitting on my desk. When I finish using the treo, I always put it back to phone mode, closing all applications. Also, the phone is completely stock, there are no 3rd party apps that may be making a data connection.

yes, these phones are silly, it just bothers me that there are other Sprint phones in the house that always get all their calls.
    Just curious, is chatter installed on your treo? The only time this has happened to me is when I was running a trial of chatter.

Also, you mentioned that your using ROM 1.08, there is a newer ROM available that you may want to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    Just curious, is chatter installed on your treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by nymike
    the phone is completely stock, there are no 3rd party apps that may be making a data connection.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Both GSM and CDMA suffer from the "voicemail when using data" issue. It's just that GSM handles it better. It takes longer for CDMA to release the connection, if that's the right word. It appears that it's not an issue on GSM, but try streaming video on a GSM Treo and calls will go to voicemail.

Joe