Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have specifics of what I am looking for:
    1) HARD, CLEAR cover for the screen that swivels out of the way when needed. I have and like the aluminum Innopocket case (I sawed off the lower part to get permanent keyboard access) - but have found the case to decrease signal enough that I am willing to look for another case.
    2) Openings for camera, data port, charging port, headphone, LED
    3) Permanent keyboard access

Speck's skintight (http://store.treocentral.com/content...-24--295-5.htm) maybe an option. Anyone else have any recommendation?
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    For what you have described above, I think the Speck case will do it for you. Of course a Vaja T65 is cool too but the screen is not that protected compared to the Speck.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I've got five cases for my 650 (someone on one of the boards here said it's a scary thing when your Treo has more clothes than you do....!)

Gotta say that, despite the less than flattering review on TreoCentral, I like the Speck a lot.

I wouldn't recommend it highly using the holster on a belt as it's holster isn't the best. In a pocket it does take a second longer to get in and out. But the positive tradeoff is that the case is really secure when held. While driving I can keep it on the seat next to me or even just laying on my leg, and it won't slide anywhere.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kenorian
    I've got five cases for my 650 (someone on one of the boards here said it's a scary thing when your Treo has more clothes than you do....!)

Gotta say that, despite the less than flattering review on TreoCentral, I like the Speck a lot.

I wouldn't recommend it highly using the holster on a belt as it's holster isn't the best. In a pocket it does take a second longer to get in and out. But the positive tradeoff is that the case is really secure when held. While driving I can keep it on the seat next to me or even just laying on my leg, and it won't slide anywhere.
    I am looking for something I can put on my belt... what do you mean by the "holster isn't the best" ? Is it weak? Does the phone come off too easily?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    For what you have described above, I think the Speck case will do it for you. Of course a Vaja T65 is cool too but the screen is not that protected compared to the Speck.
    I've look at the Vaja...no go for me since I want a hard cover for the screen... Thanks though.
    It doesn't seem to be the best material. A little hard to get off with one hand, and tends to scratch the plastic flip cover. Certainly useable, though.
  7.    #7  
    It doesn't seem to be the best material. A little hard to get off with one hand, and tends to scratch the plastic flip cover. Certainly useable, though.
    OK. More questions:

1) A scratched plastic flip is not cool b/c I tend read alot on the treo. Do you think putting those plastic screen protector covers on the plastic flip would help w/ this?

I called the company today and they said if I purchased from them, they will replace within one yr if any issues come up, like scratched plastic lid.

2) Can the case be placed faceing OUTWARD on the holster?

3) One of the reviews I read said taking the Treo out of the case a few times (5 or 6) tends to loosen the case noticebly. What you think?

4) Does the case do a good job absorbing energy when the treo drops to the ground?

Also, difficulting getting treo off holster w/ one hand is an inconvenience - although the rep at the co says she has seen people take the treo out of the holster w/ one hand many times.

I think I can make some good money if I were in manufacturing - as I know what I DO NOT want in case, and WANT in a case. So hard to find one that works well all around. The innopocket (with the bottom 1/2 sawed off) comes very close...except for the reception issue- dang!!!
    Last edited by winger; 07/06/2005 at 12:11 PM.
  8.    #8  

what other 5 cases have your tried (lol, yes I am constantly seeking that holy grail case myself )
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I have tried and used more than 5 cases
    1. Speck skin case
    2. Vaja T65
    3. Vaja T66
    4. Innopocket aluminum (modified by cutting out keyboard area)
    5. Innopocket Magnum
    6. ZCover skin case
    7. Boxwave skin case
    8. Nutshell pouch (for skinned Treo)
    9. Generic leather pouch w/ magnetic flip tab (similar to VP6 sold in TC store)
    10. Krussell classic (gave away to my brother)
    11. Covertec horizontal belt clip case
    12. Another leather pouch case (horizontal, similar to P6 case sold in TC store)
    The Doctor is IN!
  10.    #10  
    LOL, u have more cases than I have shoes.

Which one you think is most functional and protective of your Treo?

1. Speck skin case
    2. Vaja T65
    3. Vaja T66
    5. Innopocket Magnum
    6. ZCover skin case
    7. Boxwave skin case
    12. Another leather pouch case (horizontal, similar to P6 case sold in TC store)
    - Innopocket Magnum (too bulky for my pocket)
    - Innopocket Aluminum (cuts signal strength very noticeably)
    - Palm basic leather case (OK when I want to put it on my belt)
    - Krusselll Classic (thought it would be better than the Palm, but I'm not crazy about thumbing through plastic, and just can't get near the edge of the screen with the stylus.

Using the Speck so far.

I really want the Vaja i-volution, but will probably let my kids get me that as a birthday present.
    1. Speck skin case
    2. Vaja T65
    3. Vaja T66
    5. Innopocket Magnum
    6. ZCover skin case
    7. Boxwave skin case
    Looks like the doc may have an addiction!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've got somethin' better than all of those cases that you've tried - anti-skid tub strips. More reliable than egrips...Keeps the phone in your hand...Doesn't conceal the keyboard/touchscreen...Doesn't add bulk...Doesn't pull your pocket inside out (like the skin cases)

ANTI-SKID TUB STRIPS...who woulda thunked it??
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Well, my favorite is my Vaja T66. The Speck case and ZCover case a close 2nd and 3rd. When I get the minimalist bug, then I go with my egripped Treo in the horizontal pouch.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Yup, I probably have a case addiction...gotta...have...yet...another...case
    Anyway, I am the type of person who always search for what works best for me...
    The Doctor is IN!
  16.    #16  
    Speck is coming out w/ a rugged RoughSkin version for the Treo in about two weeks...I ain't waiting - getting my skin today!
    Yup, I probably have a case addiction...gotta...have...yet...another...case
    Anyway, I am the type of person who always search for what works best for me...
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    My goodness, of the skin gets any rougher, the Speck will be know as the "brick". The original Speck itself is thicker than the skin cases from Boxwave, Javoedge...but I like it coz it makes my Treo more protected. I like the idea of having a screen cover (even though my treo already has a screen protector) to protect my precious screen further while it is stuffed inside my doctor bag.
    The Doctor is IN!
    DocGo, why do you prefer the Speck skin case to the ZCover, and both of those to the Boxwave? And what do you generally like and dislike about skin cases? Have not had one before.

(Am trying ot decide on cases and am having the hardest time. Maybe too much choice is a bad thing ...? Nah.)

BH
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Speck case has the screen cover that flips up. Overall, seem to be more protective of the Treo (my own bias). Also, the skin doesn't seem to attract lint as much as zcover and Boxwave.
    ZCover's plus is the ultra thin skin over the keyboard, making it still easy to type and still protecting this area. I also like to camera being covered to protect lens from my fingerprint/lint in pocket, etc. I didn't like their screenprotector because it made my screen less responsive...I end up not using theirs and just my own boxwave crystal clear.
    Both of these cases are better than Boxwave because of the pros I mentioned above.
    Overall, skin case is very close to being a "minimalist" treo user, but it still gives the phone a slight bulk over just using an e-Grip with Treo.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Speck case has the screen cover that flips up. Overall, seem to be more protective of the Treo (my own bias). Also, the skin doesn't seem to attract lint as much as zcover and Boxwave.
    ZCover's plus is the ultra thin skin over the keyboard, making it still easy to type and still protecting this area. I also like to camera being covered to protect lens from my fingerprint/lint in pocket, etc. I didn't like their screenprotector because it made my screen less responsive...I end up not using theirs and just my own boxwave crystal clear.
    Both of these cases are better than Boxwave because of the pros I mentioned above.
    Overall, skin case is very close to being a "minimalist" treo user, but it still gives the phone a slight bulk over just using an e-Grip with Treo.
    Thank you! This really helps. Looked at all of them on their websites, but some of the details aren't apparent there, and, of course, the first-hand report is invaluable!

What do people think of the Vaja PA32? Seems like one could sync that in the new Seidio Innodock with the snap undone ... possibly a plus over the Vaja T66 (which would otherwise be a top contender -- looks like, with the T66, the phone has to be removed completely to charge, even using a cable. Yes?)

BH
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast