Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    With the T66, you can charge with the phone in the case if you use a sync cable...just flip down cover and the connection port is open there. I don't have the PA32...but then, I never liked "conventional" PDA cases...that is why I got the T65 and T66.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    My goodness, of the skin gets any rougher, the Speck will be know as the "brick". The original Speck itself is thicker than the skin cases from Boxwave, Javoedge...but I like it coz it makes my Treo more protected. I like the idea of having a screen cover (even though my treo already has a screen protector) to protect my precious screen further while it is stuffed inside my doctor bag.
    Just picked a clear version from AMAZON today for 32 (includes free shipping!)...even got sent today. I need the screen protector to protect my precious screen from myself and the kids.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    Speck case has the screen cover that flips up. Overall, seem to be more protective of the Treo (my own bias). Also, the skin doesn't seem to attract lint as much as zcover and Boxwave.
    ZCover's plus is the ultra thin skin over the keyboard, making it still easy to type and still protecting this area. I also like to camera being covered to protect lens from my fingerprint/lint in pocket, etc. I didn't like their screenprotector because it made my screen less responsive...I end up not using theirs and just my own boxwave crystal clear.
    Both of these cases are better than Boxwave because of the pros I mentioned above.
    Overall, skin case is very close to being a "minimalist" treo user, but it still gives the phone a slight bulk over just using an e-Grip with Treo.
    I've been using a modified leather form fit case that has nothing covering the screen (I use a screen protector) and has thin plastic covering the keyboard. I keep my Treo in my pocket. I generally like my case but am worried it won't make it through a fall from my hands. I like the look and the specs on the ZCover with the skin over the keyboard and the camera cover. But I don't want lint all over my phone. I also need safety. Is Speck the best choice or ZCover with that in mind? And, is everyone using just the most clear versions or colored?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    Just picked a clear version from AMAZON today for 32 (includes free shipping!)...even got sent today. I need the screen protector to protect my precious screen from myself and the kids.
    This case is AWESOME! better than my Bellagio vertical leater case, and edges my metallic innopocket. I hope it does not become loose like some ppl are claiming if I were to take the phone in/out of it a few times
    This case is AWESOME! better than my Bellagio vertical leater case, and edges my metallic innopocket. I hope it does not become loose like some ppl are claiming if I were to take the phone in/out of it a few times
    Where did you find it on Amazon? Please add a link. Do you keep it in your pocket? Any problem with stickyness/lint, etc.?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Where did you find it on Amazon? Please add a link. Do you keep it in your pocket? Any problem with stickyness/lint, etc.?
    I put this thing on my belt (w/ holster provided). Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

. There seems to be little lint/dust attacted to the case b/c of its stickiness, but no prob for me given what the case provides.

The BLACK version is just AWESOME, both asthetically and protection speaking!!!

There is even a rough-skin version out now - see speckproducts.com

The ONLY three things I can gripe about this case (just three things from me is saying something good about a product) are:

1) holster for the black case would look better black or some dark color (smoke, etc.) vs. clear
    2) There are some relatively sharp edges on the holster, which may bother some folks, depends how/where exactly you use/wear the case. For example, your arms may rub against a sharp part of the case and you'll feel it. Not sharp sharp, but just enough to gripe about.
    3) No slot for SD card - not cool b/c I take my SD card out often to exchange data via a card reader. I have to keep pulling the Treo out of the case too many times due to reports that case gets loose over time.
    I'm surprised that more people aren't mentioning the Pacific Rim aluminum case: http://www.pacrimtechnologies.com/ca...0eb4bab9669784!! That's the only case that I'd buy if I were going to buy a case. I think they just lowered the price to $29.99!!! You can't beat that with a stick!

Are there people who don't like the aluminum case (signal degredation? or size/weight?)??

The reason I haven't bought it so far, is because I just found something that can't be beat value-wise - Hold-It Duck Tape for carpets. Read: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90862. I have pics close to the bottom of the thread while it is still white. I just used a marker to color it blue and it looks a lot better than white. Surprisingly, the color didn't come off as easily as I expected. Whenever my hands are sweaty, it could be a different story...will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by grndslm; 07/22/2005 at 02:29 PM.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I'm surprised that more people aren't mentioning the Pacific Rim aluminum case: http://www.pacrimtechnologies.com/ca...0eb4bab9669784!! That's the only case that I'd buy if I were going to buy a case. I think they just lowered the price to $29.99!!! You can't beat that with a stick!

Are there people who don't like the aluminum case (signal degredation? or size/weight?)??

The reason I haven't bought it so far, is because I just found something that can't be beat value-wise - Hold-It Duck Tape for carpets. Read: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90862. I have pics close to the bottom of the thread while it is still white. I just used a marker to color it blue and it looks a lot better than white. Surprisingly, the color didn't come off as easily as I expected. Whenever my hands are sweaty, it could be a different story...will have to wait and see.
    my innopocket + later with the keyboard covering section dremmeled off was my best cast until I experienced first hand the signal blocking attributes of aluminum/metal cases. Then along came the Speck !!!
    my innopocket + later with the keyboard covering section dremmeled off was my best cast until I experienced first hand the signal blocking attributes of aluminum/metal cases. Then along came the Speck !!!
    I think I'm about to start a thread strictly measuring the signal degredation of these metal cases....maybe a poll instead. I like polls!!!
    Here it is...could those with metal cases please vote in this poll: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91189.

Thanks. Have a nice day.
    i bought a treo 650 and was contemplating on what case to buy and read a review on the p6 pouch case...

but had questions for anyone with prior experience with magnetic flaps.

how safe are the magnets on the p6 pouch case flap?

could the magnets cause problems for the treo (screen or memory)?
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Speck case has the screen cover that flips up. Overall, seem to be more protective of the Treo (my own bias). Also, the skin doesn't seem to attract lint as much as zcover and Boxwave.
    ZCover's plus is the ultra thin skin over the keyboard, making it still easy to type and still protecting this area. I also like to camera being covered to protect lens from my fingerprint/lint in pocket, etc. I didn't like their screenprotector because it made my screen less responsive...
    The zcover screen protector is removable. I use the Palm screen protectors ($20 for 12) and they work well. I put up a complete review of the zcover and so far I find it the best compromise of all and the protection of the keyboard and camera are really stupendously simply and important details that most manufacturers miss for reasons I cannot describe.
    hi all ...

has anyone tried the Speck Products ruggedized ToughSkin yet ...

i am considering this case ( mainly cause it's formfitting but has a cover for the screen )

... would really appreciate feedback from anyone that has tried it yet

tia
    I received the Speck Toughskin this week. It is very similar to the original Speck case but is thicker and has the optional keyboard cover. It is very hard to get on and off. I put it on once and then removed it later to change batteries. There is a large rip in the case now and I'm returning it. It feels like thick silicone instead of the original material Speck used. See the pics on my website...www.palmgal.com
    just ordered a black toughskin.
    The pics on speckwebsite were tempting and a different look after a while .
    Will post pics soon as i get it .
    Palmgal, you need to remember to be gentle, while handling silicon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12