1.    #1  
    Can anyone explain why Palm didn't fix the silence ringer problem with the new update? There's nothing more annoying than having to take your phone out of the case to silence it.
    What are you talking about?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Apparently some people either dont have this issue, or dont care about it. What he is talking about is the fundemental use of the side buttons, during an incoming call to silence or mute the ringer with the side volume buttons without actually answering the phone or sending it to voicemail. We all had this ability with the T600 but many of use lost the ability with the T650 for some reason although the manual says that it should work.

rob
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    It wasn't fixed because the people who can make a difference don't know about it. My (as well as others I'm sure) repeated attempts to inform palm were constantly deflected with the usual "must be a 3rd party app" or "hard reset your device" automated messages.
    Mine works perfectly post-upgarde. I can mute ringer upon incoming call using side rocker buttons.
    Silencing the ringer with the side buttons has always worked for me unless:

1. Ringo was installed
    2. Mring was installed.

Otherwise it works perfectly with no ringtone manager or Lightwav.
    Worked for me pre and post update on Sprint Treo 650. No Ringo, nor Mring, no LightWav or any ringtone manager installed.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    FYI this problem is unique to the unlocked GSM 650.
  9.    #9  
    I hard reset my unlocked 650 after the update and still nothing. I'm on my 2nd 650 and neither worked, 2nd one was bought a week ago.
    1.28 Unlocked GSM firmware it doesn't seem to do *anything*, doen't send it to voice mail or mute.
    Hi,

I do it by pressing calendar button when the call comes in... Not possible without taking Treo out of the holster, but still better than nothing.
    At least after 1.13 update.
    It also work with mp3Ringer installed and enabled.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Doesnt work on my 1.13 update