1.    #1  
    Alright guys, I really need help on this one. I have two calendars, I use one at home which i'm using the Palm Desktop application and I have one at work which is Outlook.

My question is: if i install the syn software at work and i tell it 2 synchronize calendar from outlook, can i have 2 seperate calendars or is it gonna merge everythin 2gether and tell me that i have complications.

I don't schedule things 4 the same time anyways, but my personal calendar says that i have 2 be at work from 9-6 and if my work says i have a meetin at 4 then its obviously not right.

so is there a way to have 2 calendars or not.

thank you
    There isn't a way to have two calandars, but there are probably some work arounds.

I don't schedule things 4 the same time anyways, but my personal calendar says that i have 2 be at work from 9-6 and if my work says i have a meetin at 4 then its obviously not right.
    In this example if you don't mind the overlap, which is technically correct (you are at work and you have a meeting at 4) then you could live with it.

What I do is use the one calandar and mark all my personal items as private on the work calandar, that way no one can see them, yet I've got everything on the same calandar. I also use autoformating to make all private events a different color so they stand out on the calandar. My work schedule is pretty regular so I don't need to id the days I'm working, but my wife's isn't, so I mark her work days as private all day events so I know which days she'll be working.

Hope this helps.
    There is a way to have two calenders. You would have to get Chapura KeySuite, which uses it's own databases. Then you can sync with Outlook/Chapura and Palm Desktop/Calender.

Also, with Chapura, you can set up multiple calenders in Outlook and sync them all. That would be your best solution so you would have both your work and home calender in the same programs.
  4.    #4  
    I guess I can take a look at chapura but I think what geneld said makes sense.

The president of my company has the same phone and when her assistant schedules appointments and meetings for her she said that it goes straight to her calendar on her phone so she knows what days she has 2 come, and belive me she doesnt show up everyday so i know 4 a fact she cant synchronize everday. so my question is: is there a way that i can add appointments on my calendar at work and let it go directly 2 my phone, like a wireless synch?
    Sounds like you have an Exchange server. You can use Exchange ActiveSync when you setup Versamail and it will allow you to download both emails and calendar events wirelessly. If you set this up, you will not be able to sync your calendar directly with Outlook and probably won't be able to sync with your Palm Desktop at home either.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks this helps, but the only problem i have is that I set up versa mail but it never worked on my phone, i still had 2 add both of my email accounts manually

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by doublekay
    Thanks this helps, but the only problem i have is that I set up versa mail but it never worked on my phone, i still had 2 add both of my email accounts manually
    I'm a bit confused with your last post - sounds like you got it to work though?
    What you want is Wesync. It use to be a free thing, but it was bought from Palm by Tanner and they are going to start charging for it (like 20 dollars a year). They arer also changing the name. I have used Wesync for years and it is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by SPG
    What you want is Wesync. It use to be a free thing, but it was bought from Palm by Tanner and they are going to start charging for it (like 20 dollars a year). They arer also changing the name. I have used Wesync for years and it is great.
    I'd definately pay for WeSync, but like when? It's been coming 'soon' for OS 5 for like 2 years now.....
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    There is a way to have two calenders. You would have to get Chapura KeySuite, which uses it's own databases. Then you can sync with Outlook/Chapura and Palm Desktop/Calender.

Also, with Chapura, you can set up multiple calenders in Outlook and sync them all. That would be your best solution so you would have both your work and home calender in the same programs.
    Another option is ThinkSync , which is a $12 shareware app that allows you to sync multiple calendars to the Treo, saved as separate databases. Doesn't look like you can view two calendars side by side though, but both databases will be on your handheld and you can switch views to look at each one.

DualDate allows you to view them side by side, which is great (plus it's free, which is also great ). Unfortunately for me, DualDate's calendar sharing is only done by beaming, not sync as far as I can tell.
    wcarlson40

August 1 is when they will start charging. I have been using a beta version. I like it very much. We have four of us on staff useing it on our Treo 600. ClearSync will be the new name.

My problem with the other options is my need to have other people in other locations sync with my calendar and address book.
    Do you have a copy of the install program for the beta version? I rec'd one, but the computer it was on was stolen. I keep waiting for ClearSync to come out but...
    Yeah, what happened to August 1st? Vaporware.......
    Good question! I'm thinking they found that bringing it up to snuff was more complicated than they thought--but my beta version worked just fine. Are you willing to share your copy?