1.    #1  
    I've got this message on my HotSync log - Treo 650: "Out of storage space during update of database DatebookDB - aborting sync".

I use Entourage, and Missing Sync, on my Mac OSX (Tiger). Latest versions. I have the new Treo ROM installed (about ten days ago). I have 9.4mb clear on my Treo, though admittedly 5 years worth of data in the calendar that I'd like to keep.

I've rung Palm. They suggested I do a hard reset. Their specs say the datebook should accept "thousands" of records - there's no better data.

Any ideas? During the syncs prior to this (post ROM update) I was getting no problems.
    There is a thread buried in here somewhere that talks about the limitations of the calendar database to a riduculously low number like 250 or something. I am not having this issue myself but I am not sure how many appointments I have in the database either.
  3.    #3  
    I've set it up to synchronise the last 8 weeks (the maximum Missing Sync allows), which I'll see if I can live with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jude
    I've set it up to synchronise the last 8 weeks (the maximum Missing Sync allows), which I'll see if I can live with.
    I have 2 713 records in Contacts. Not using Datebook though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jude
    I've got this message on my HotSync log - Treo 650: "Out of storage space during update of database DatebookDB - aborting sync".

I use Entourage, and Missing Sync, on my Mac OSX (Tiger). Latest versions. I have the new Treo ROM installed (about ten days ago). I have 9.4mb clear on my Treo, though admittedly 5 years worth of data in the calendar that I'd like to keep.

I've rung Palm. They suggested I do a hard reset. Their specs say the datebook should accept "thousands" of records - there's no better data.

Any ideas? During the syncs prior to this (post ROM update) I was getting no problems.

You definitely have enough ram. The problem is most likely a corruption in your datebkDB! Install, the DB scan util from pimlico. Hopefully thsi should fix your error and will allow you to sync once again:

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/utilities.htm

Download here: http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/dbscan.zip

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, there *were* three broken records (repeating appointments), but after I removed them the sync fell over again, but with a different error:

An unknown error #16394 occurred
    ?Failed Entourage Conduit (0x400a)
    ? - Unexpected error number 0x400a

this error isn't turning up on treocentral, nor on google's first page of results.

Hmmm, the plot thickens. Any ideas?
    I had the same problem and i seemed to have solved it with the following slightly odd fix.

I think the problem comes from a corruption in the calendar database.

Try this:

make sure you've backed up your palm settings by turning off the calendar in the sync list and syncing the rest of your data.

2. With your palm installation disc switch the sync from whatever you're syncing with (i was using outlook) to the palm destop or vica versa and then

3. change the hotsync to overwrite the palm data with desktop data.
    this should sync all of your data and fix your database.

4. switch the conduits back to what you had (for me it was palm desktop back to outlook)

5. change the hotsync to overwrite the palm data again.

6. pray to God in Jesus name i did this last bit too you see.

this should work.

I hope.

Good luck