1.    #1  
    I'm new to Treo 650 and have 2 quick questions:

1. I notice my 650 came with 2 mail applications: Xpress Mail (Cingular) and VersaMail. Is there such a thing as a preferred or best mail app for the 650?

2. I'd like to synch my 650 with Microsoft Entourage X that runs on my Apple iMac running OS 10.2.8. Is there a solid, well-supported conduit for this?

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firefox
    I'm new to Treo 650 and have 2 quick questions:

1. I notice my 650 came with 2 mail applications: Xpress Mail (Cingular) and VersaMail. Is there such a thing as a preferred or best mail app for the 650?

2. I'd like to synch my 650 with Microsoft Entourage X that runs on my Apple iMac running OS 10.2.8. Is there a solid, well-supported conduit for this?

Thanks in advance!
    1. Snappermail is much better than those two
    2. MissingSync is your best best
    Quote Originally Posted by firefox
    The difference between the two you mentioned is that Xpress Mail is web based and I believe requires you to forward mail from your desktop to access it. This could be useful if you don't have anyway to get to your mail directly using VersaMail.

VersaMail will allow you to connect to your mail server directly (either POP, IMAP or Microsoft Exchange) and download mail to your Treo. You do not have to be connected to read the mail or respond (you have to get back online to actually send though).

In my opinion, VersaMail is the better of the two options and what I use (since it is the only mail client today that accesses my corporate Exchange server). Others feel that Snapper and Chatter are better clients, but you'll have to pay extra for those. I'd try VersaMail first to see if it meets your needs and is stable enough for you to use, if not go look at Snapper or Chatter - there are tons of threads on the forum that discuss pros and cons of all three apps.