Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I have set up my sprintpcs mail account thanks to t2gungho and can send and receive emails fine BUT after I set up my road runner email account (home) I can only reveive but cannot send. I'm getting this message: "Sending error: 500 5.5.1 Command unrecognized: "Auth Login"

Any help with this one?
    Are you using Sprints server?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Yeah, to send emails...almost all your accounts have to send the email through sprints servers. (Its posted somewhere around here why.)

BTW-It might be easier to PM me than just to create a thread about setting up Chatter email (which has been discussed before)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

slthree - You probably just need to check "No Auth Required" in the SMTP Profile screen.

Marc
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I'll try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Yeah, to send emails...almost all your accounts have to send the email through sprints servers. (Its posted somewhere around here why.)

BTW-It might be easier to PM me than just to create a thread about setting up Chatter email (which has been discussed before)

I have never used Sprints servers, ever.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I have never used Sprints servers, ever.
    I have to for my Charter.net account. (No relaying allowed)

Gmail works though.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    RR I believe blocks their smtp servers fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions