1.    #1  
    Before I get told to look for other posts, let me just vent my frustrations first. I've spent the better part of four hours trying to solve the fact that my 650 won't sync w/my laptop. I really have lost patience and need help in the most desparate of ways.

I'll try and break this down, b/c I did do some research on what the problem may have been.

1. Started having issues syncing where it would be very sporadic, and my phone wouldn't charge either. This is w/the provided sync/power cable that came w/my Sprint Treo 650.
    2. Got on this board and found some suggestions in prior threads: Changing speed to 9600, Soft Resets, etc.
    3. Went to Sprint store and got a replacement cable.
    4. Had some success getting syncs for about 3 days
    5. Purchased a cradle from the Sprint Store
    6. Power issue totally solved. Sync Issue solved for another 3 or so days.
    7. Started getting sync problems out of the blue again, where there was no connection b/w the computer and the cradle.
    8. Double checked all connections, tried changing the settings again, soft resets, etc. NOTHING is working at this point that used to work in the past.
    9. Re-installed Palm Desktop and HotSync.
    10. Still having a problem w/the connection.
    11. Bought new USB Hub after much research on the PalmOne site.
    12. Still having same problem.

I'm completely and totally at a loss here. I am open to just about all suggestions at this point. One more thing, when I installed the new USB port, the Found New Hardware Wizard was saying it couldn't find the software necessary to install the new hub (yes, I have tried to directly link the USB from the cable to the laptop). Only problem there is, there was no software and there isn't any indication of software needed in the instructions (Targus USB 2.0 4-Port).

Please, please, please....I need some help here.
    I was having synch problems too. After trying various setups, I decided to do the basics again and right clicked the hotsynch manager icon on the system tray. At the top you will notice 4 connection methods. On mine, non of them were checked. I checked the local USB, and it wound up synching again. I don't know what caused it to go unchecked as I have not messed with the settings. Perhaps something similar is going on in your case. It may be a long shot, but it only takes two seconds to rule out.
  3.    #3  
    That wasn't it, but I did try getting a new cable yet again.....so far, that has worked. I think I read in a thread that this was a common problem, and for me, it has been.

Thanks for the reply.
    The cable absolutely sucks. I use bluetooth to sync now, and I'm a happy camper. BT adapter was $25 at Wal-Mart, but now I can also use BT DUN, which was great when I was on vacation.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminary22
    Before I get told to look for other posts, let me just vent my frustrations first. I've spent the better part of four hours trying to solve the fact that my 650 won't sync w/my laptop. I really have lost patience and need help in the most desparate of ways.

I'll try and break this down, b/c I did do some research on what the problem may have been.

Known issue (on forums community, at least) that the cable sucks. Take care not to quicky YANK cable from your phone, go about it slowly. Also ensure the USB setting is selected under Hotsync as the other fellow mentions.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for all the replies....got my 3rd cable, and it solved the problem for about three days. Am fed up and will be trying the BT angle....Thanks again!
    Luminary22...so, what happened? Have you solved your sync issues? If so, how did you solve it?