1.    #1  
    I'm not sure which of these to buy, if the headphone adapter is 2.5mm on both ends, it seems pointless for it to exist, but if the female side is 3.5mm, then what is the difference between it & the stereo adapter? Thanks in advance!

I bought a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter from radio shack but it doesnt stay in my phone to well so im hoping the one made specifically for treos will hold tighter & sound better
    Quote Originally Posted by Siovhan
    I'm not sure which of these to buy, if the headphone adapter is 2.5mm on both ends, it seems pointless for it to exist, but if the female side is 3.5mm, then what is the difference between it & the stereo adapter? Thanks in advance!

I bought a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter from radio shack but it doesnt stay in my phone to well so im hoping the one made specifically for treos will hold tighter & sound better
    Yeah the radio shack one has to have some of the plastic trimmed back a little bit so it is seated properly.

I think the one for the treos doesnt require that (plus I like the flexible one more...less change of breaking it off in the jack.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    here's a pic of it, it has a metal ring at the base if you can see it - i dont think i can trim any lower because of it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Siovhan
    here's a pic of it, it has a metal ring at the base if you can see it - i dont think i can trim any lower because of it
    Actually you can...I trimmed around it just a little bit lower. (It takes a steady hand )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

5.    #5  
    does it fit tight in the treo once u trimmed the plastic? i wanna make sure in case i want to take it back. also, i plugged it into my home stereo tonight & it only played thru 1 speaker, like mono instead of stereo, & had some static. will trimming the plastic help this?
    It works fine for me...I hear music through both sides of my earphones when Im jogging or riding my mountain bike (I cant tell you why you are getting static through your home stereo system?)

The reason why you trim it is because....(Insertion-dont say anything)...the port is not even on the bottom...one side is bigger than the other.

7.    #7  
    i trimmed it & it fits in better, but it still sounds like crap when i hook it to my stereo.. sounds fine with headphones but i dont understand why it wouldnt sound good in a stereo too