1.    #1  
    Alright, I realize that larger pictures would take up more memory... but, having said that, I hate the wasted space on my screen when the caller ID picture pops up with an incoming call - it's like the 650 is using an "old" tiny picture phone screen. Are there any programs out there that use more of the 650's screen for this?
    I'd be happy if I ever get to see the callers picture.

Not sure if there is something I need to enable on my end, but pics don't show up.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by enchilada88
    Alright, I realize that larger pictures would take up more memory... but, having said that, I hate the wasted space on my screen when the caller ID picture pops up with an incoming call - it's like the 650 is using an "old" tiny picture phone screen. Are there any programs out there that use more of the 650's screen for this?
    LightWav will do this for you. Version 5.5 seems very stable on my phone. Maybe you could download the trial and see if it meets your needs. www.toysoft.ca i believe.
    -Cal
    does lightwav let you have different ringtones for different contacts? or just one ringtone for all ringers?
    Quote Originally Posted by lazieboss
    does lightwav let you have different ringtones for different contacts? or just one ringtone for all ringers?
    Different for each contact if you want. Also it can create different ringtones for text messages as well.
    -Cal
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Since this has to do with what is displayed on-screen when a call is in progress, I thought I'd express my own gripe:

Given all the screen real-estate (resolution) on the 650, you would think that more of a contact's name would appear on-screen. Usually, most of my entries' first or last names get cut off. It would have been nice if the display had been designed to show the whole name (even wrapping lines if need be) rather than cutting it short with an ellipses. Looks kinda lame. Instead it is just the same font size/placement as the T600 with sharper text (not more text).
    Palm III > Treo 600 > Treo 650 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Sprint)
    Macbook C2D 2.0GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I'd be happy if I ever get to see the callers picture.

Not sure if there is something I need to enable on my end, but pics don't show up.

have you selected the photo in contacts?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munir
    Since this has to do with what is displayed on-screen when a call is in progress, I thought I'd express my own gripe:

Given all the screen real-estate (resolution) on the 650, you would think that more of a contact's name would appear on-screen. Usually, most of my entries' first or last names get cut off. It would have been nice if the display had been designed to show the whole name (even wrapping lines if need be) rather than cutting it short with an ellipses. Looks kinda lame. Instead it is just the same font size/placement as the T600 with sharper text (not more text).
    Agree. They probably wanted to use as little memory as possible. Personally I want animated gif support more than the large picture. There are alot of funny animated avatar on the web you can use.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, Cal - I just went over to toysoft and downloaded the demo... I'll check it out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    have you selected the photo in contacts?
    Actually, I use Agendus and had the photo selected there; I didnt know I had to place them in contacts.
    I thought that Agendus works with the built in contacts database. Since I am not seeing my callers pic, should I assume that feature of Agendus doesnt work with the built in contacts?

TIA
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I use agendus too, but I dont attach the picture in it. I use contacts for that. The pictures come up when someone calls.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.