Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    what does that mean for people that don't use their treo to talk much? like me I use my treo to surf the web and check email at least a couple of hours a day. am I going to grow a 6th finger?
    Quote Originally Posted by plur2000
    what does that mean for people that don't use their treo to talk much? like me I use my treo to surf the web and check email at least a couple of hours a day. am I going to grow a 6th finger?
    If you live in West Viriginia, you may already have one Sorry....I couldn't resist....
    I'm hoping that when I drive, put the phone on speakerphone, and set it in my lap....that it'll enlarge my *****.
    A 6th finger isn't a bad thing... think about how much more you can get done with just one more finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    A 6th finger isn't a bad thing... think about how much more you can get done with just one more finger.
    Not much. I heard that over time, humans are actually supposed to lose their pinky. Shoot -- I don't ever use my pinky. I could see it happening. The only downside is counting.... we'd prolly move away from base 10.
    I don't know about you but both my pinkies keep pretty busy all day between Tab, Caps Lock, Shift, Ctrl, and Enter. I need an extra finger sometimes. I guess it's all a matter of adaptation to environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    The worst "killer" is right around you all the time, unavoidable. It's called nature.

Pamela
    Clever Pamela, I like that. Nature is fierce & it is our job to understand it. I do think information technology will profoundly promote progress in all fields of science including health care but I still would like to see unbiased long-term studies done.

I so wish I had The Net/IT when I was a kid but are kids or other groups at risk and from what levels of exposures...hopefully unbiased long-term post marketing studies will help elucidate this.

My dad's a M.D. & I set up his Palm & Epocrates, etc & it seems scary to imagine practicing medicine before IT but there are frequently post marketing reports/studies that change policies.

I've heard people analogously argue abuse of x-rays that once were in widespread careless exposure use harming populations before we understood their effects but I would hope that modern IT would expedite such understanding even of its own effects.

Every generation seems to be a guinea pig variable on nature. I guess the greatest fear is to what extent are we getting ahead of our understanding and can we count on science to be truly unbiased.

It's easier to discuss it intellectually detached from emotion but harder to think about if imagining my niece/nephew playing around power lines, etc. Is it better than unadulterated nature...generally speaking it seems to be a marvel when looking at basic stats but if there are groups more sensitive to such radiation, we all deserve to know right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Go ask Tom Cruise. He knows...

Oh, and Tom Cruise is still an ***.

tell you what, I was mildly if somewhat skeptically interested in reading about the subject post. but whether or not I reserve doubts about the effects of my cellphone on my brain, I can say this: each of you self-styled wits who couldn't resist the temptation to add their brilliant & pointless comments IS AN ***.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfield
    tell you what, I was mildly if somewhat skeptically interested in reading about the subject post. but whether or not I reserve doubts about the effects of my cellphone on my brain, I can say this: each of you self-styled wits who couldn't resist the temptation to add their brilliant & pointless comments IS AN ***.
    Are you serious, man??

How can you have an informed conversation above radio frequency when there's no real information or proof? The day I hear that somebody I know who talks more than 2000+ minutes on their cell phone every month has a brain tumor...I might be concerned. But this is no different from the microwave scare. I stick my friggin' forehead on the microwave for the whole 3 and a half minutes and look at me, my head's twice the size as everybody else's....but that's ok. Also, did you read the comment above about my ***** enlargement procedure. I can see the effects kicking in as we speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfield
    And anyone who can't take a joke....IS AN ***! (with a hole afterwards)
    As my doctor once told me "Being in good health really just means you are dying slower relative to others".

Very inspirational...
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I'm hoping that when I drive, put the phone on speakerphone, and set it in my lap....that it'll enlarge my *****.
    I'm assuming the phone is on vibrate? As the ***** enlarges does the brain tumor shrink?
    Quote Originally Posted by nickl
    I'm assuming the phone is on vibrate? As the ***** enlarges does the brain tumor shrink?
    Heh...that's a good one!!

8=====D ~~~~ :-O :-D
    Heh...I dunno if I should take that down or not. I'm thinking not 'til somebody comes in here and starts the buzz kill. I'm headin' to bed. G'nite RF suckas!
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Interesting as to how a topic that would represent 1.7 billion people being exposed to a carcinogen is laughed at consistently. Visit a children's cancer ward.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    Interesting as to how a topic that would represent 1.7 billion people being exposed to a carcinogen is laughed at consistently. Visit a children's cancer ward.
    Laugh it up, fuzz ball!
    I was just kidding about sleep...why would I do that?

We could prolly start a whole 'nother cycle of nothingness in this thread instead of doing something productive.

But seriously though mgauss...what more would you like us to say?? Yes, we'll stop using cell phones, we'll never let nuclear waste slip into your pipes, we'll stop using petroleum???
    Well, there, I said it.

If you want to cure cancer, by all means, do it! But you're looking in the wrong places -- coming to a TREO 650 forum to discuss brain cancer...RIGHT!! I'm still going to point out that prolly 50% of Americans have cell phones, we're going to get that RF crap in our bodies one way or another...you might as well just accept it and use speakerphone if it's that serious for you.

MGAUSS -- What are you doing to prevent this cell phone radiation for these 1.7 billion people that are happily living out their lives in harmony with these radio frequencies??? 'Cause posting propoganda in threads never saved nobody's life.
    On a serious note... Do any of us ever thought...if this report have any turth what so ever (which I doubt)..... will any of us leave Treo or even cell phones in general???? It is the same talk I had with my gf about eating beef... even thought there are reports of "mad cow disease" in USA, I dont think I will be able to eat chicken and vegies all my life. Again it is very hard choice even though there is nothing to concern about. Along with this report, we have two more reports that drug companies found cure for cancer and aids but they are hiding it cause profit is in selling drugs not curing the disease. Also car manufacturers found a way to utilize water (h2O) instead of gas, where engine uses H2 (hydrogen) and exhaust pure oxygen into air. So here you go ... we got lots of conspiracy theories at work. lolzzzzzzzzz. Cya/
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    To much of anything good or bad will kill you. Heck if you go outside the sun will give you cancer. My theory is stop living in fear an enjoy life.
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12