Verizon Treo 650
    Ibook 1.2ghz os 10.3.9
    dual mac os 10.3.9
    missing sync 4.0.5
    isync 1.5
    trial copy e2sync
    entourage 2004 11.1.0 with latest conduit
    now cont/up2date but not used/conduit disabled

I feel like I have been working days(daze) trying to get these things to communicate more specifically the ibook to the treo. These really are smartphones because they outsmart us. I just cannot seem to transfer my information from the ibook to the treo. they just do not sync. I know I could use ical or address book, palm desktop or even NOW but everthing I do is organized around entourage. If there is absolutely no way anyone knows how to get these to work than i will go to NOW becuase it is the only reasonably good PIM for a Mac that I think will sync with missing sync.

If anyone has similar hardware and using treo 650 with entourage and it is working please let me know what your are doing.

Please help...anyone, Beuller!
    Last edited by ohwandy; 07/05/2005 at 08:44 PM. Reason: missing info/addtl request
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I think Entourage sucks. I use Mail and iCal. For example, in Entourage, when you get an email and you print it, the font is tiny, hard to read. There is a blip button to enlarge it that consistently freezes the program, or provides fonts that are too big, and it just does not work well. I get the feeling Entourage is a half baked application that Microsoft for some reason doesn't even wanna debug.

I sync perfectly with Mail, iCal (which also syncs with Tasks). That is good enough. And most MAC people use Mail and iCal. So drop micro$oft and be happy.
    I don't have a 650 yet but am curious why you do not like Entourage? It works very well for me since it is integrated with the other 2004 applications and it has a lot of options.

One of the options is the ability to specify the size of the font you want to use when you print an email. Go to Entourage, Preferences, Font and you will see several options to specify font size for different purposes. Maybe the font size you have selected is too small to your liking.

As for as synch with an ibook etc. you might want to try looking in the MAC treo threads and I am sure that the subject has been before.

Good luck to you.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tencargarage
    I don't have a 650 yet but am curious why you do not like Entourage? It works very well for me since it is integrated with the other 2004 applications and it has a lot of options.

One of the options is the ability to specify the size of the font you want to use when you print an email. Go to Entourage, Preferences, Font and you will see several options to specify font size for different purposes. Maybe the font size you have selected is too small to your liking.

As for as synch with an ibook etc. you might want to try looking in the MAC treo threads and I am sure that the subject has been before.

Good luck to you.
    That is fonts for the listing of emails, not for the one you have open.
  5.    #5  
    I am so committed to entourage around my business both using other 2004 and projects. Not a microsoft fan but 2004 apps work. I do use powerpoint, excel, work and of course entourage. Wished ACT! worked with mac. Looking into daylite as a CRM but cannot get any confirmation that it will sync with the new vz treo 650. Sooo, the short of it is my needs are greater than what apple and palm offer as a PIM and still need to sync the treo 650 with entourage.

Oh yeah, hope y'all had a great 4th!
    Mgauss

I guess we are both learning tonight however not helping the original thread.

Entourage, Pref, Fonts, List Items - will increase the size of the list items fonts. Also I tried to increase the size of the actual email using Apple and plus keys (like in Safari and that combo adds a contact to address book - did not know that). However in Entourage, Shift, Apple Key and + key WILL increase the email font size in real time. Conversly the - key with the Shift, Apple will reduce the email font size in real time.

I also wish ACT was support on the MAC.

With all the problems with the T650 I waited until the Samsung 730 was introduced just to see what they had. "After further review of the play" I think the t650 now is a better product for my needs especially with the Sprint data $ package and all the apps on Palm. Native Wi Fi would have been nice.
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    You need to have the Entourage Hot Synce Conduit in your Palm folder. I think it comes with the program but is not part of the standard install. You can also find it on the Mac MS website.

Hope thios helps.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    You seem to have EVERY form of synce software including the Entourage conduit. Maybe they are getting in the way of each other?

When I was using Entourage, the older version, I had to synce by Palm Desktop.

I would synce Entourage with the Palm Desktop and then synce the Treo.

Pain in the A$$ but that was the only way I could get it to work.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE