1.    #1  
    Does anyone have experience with both and if so, which do you reccomend over the other?
    Pilottreo1
    Different Apps, one is a Launcher, one is like Windows explorer.
  3.    #3  
    So it sounds like Rescoe explorer is more like a FileZ on Steroids? Does that sound right? Thanks.
    Pilottreo1
    Zlauncher is your replacement desktop, Explorer is just that.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Yes Pilot, Resco Explorer is more like a FileZ on Steroids. I actually use both Resco Explorer and ZLauncher. I think they're both awesome programs! I use Resco for all kinds of things, even including Backup.

If I could only have one, it would be ZLauncher, but I'm very glad I have both. Resco Explorer has come in handy on many occasions! It's almost like a swiss army knife, for your palm.

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    I use ZL because of its themes (skins), ability to automatically move apps and their related databases to the card (and create a conduit so that the apps on the card are hotsynced as well), QuickLaunch feature, etc.

I trialed Resco Explorer and loved it -- best file manager in my experience, ability to zip/unzip files and apps, and the backup functionality is nice. I opted for ZL since it has a file manager as well (albeit not nearly as cool), then I just use a couple feature-deficient free options for zip/unzip and backup...but I still have love for you, Resco!
    I use both and like both. The integrated file manager in zlauncher isn't that great imo. In fact even filez is better for sorting, filtering imo. However Resco is the supremo fle manager app out there that combine zip/unzip and archive functionality. Zlauncher is a great laucher of course...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I use both and I like them for their different features. IMO it's like comparing apple and oranges.
    As stated earlier in this thread, it is definately not a versus situation. These two apps are very complimentary to each other and using one does not obviate the need or desire to use another.

Apples and Oranges seems to be true despite the fact that Resco can launch apps and ZLauncher can manage files they are two entirely different products that just so happen to have a bit of feature overlap.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC