1.    #1  
    I dropped my phone and it landed on the antenna on the street so now it is scuffed and rough. I suppose I can file it to smooth it out but I want to consider replacing the antenna. Can that be done? Any suggestions where it can be done? If so, what is the approximate cost?
    you're a pansy
    agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by lachargers
    I dropped my phone and it landed on the antenna on the street so now it is scuffed and rough. I suppose I can file it to smooth it out but I want to consider replacing the antenna. Can that be done? Any suggestions where it can be done? If so, what is the approximate cost?
    Physically replacing it probably isnt too difficult (Ive only taken apart my 600 and it wasnt hard.) However, finding the replacement part will probably be difficult. I would just sand it down (if the scuffs arent too deep) with a couple of different grades of sandpaper if it really bothers you. (It probably wont be the last time you drop it either)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    you're a pansy
    Without a smiley that comes across rather rude. Is that really necessary?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Without a smiley that comes across rather rude. Is that really necessary?
    Sorry...lemme rephrase that:

You're a pansy!! :-P

Seriously, though, what else can you say when you can't find replacement parts for this $600 phone. If ANYTHING goes wrong with it, you can only use your insurance or deal with it. If the keyboard was messing up...I could completely understand not being able to use the functions of the phone the way it was intended.

But what's funnier to me is how you find empathy with the pansy, ya pansy!
    Here's your smiley, too... :-P
    Well, as long as you smile while you call me a pansy....
    Cingular Treo 650
  8.    #8  
    Call me what you would like. It is a very noticeable scuff/chip and I carry it on my belt at all times. I have had other people ask me about it during business meetings and I have to explain how I dropped it to them. Rather than deal with the constant questions, I would rather just replace it.

I am in Asia now so I figured if it can be done, I can look around and try to find someone who can do it. But Nokia is popular out here and the 650 is just becoming recognized in the country I am in. I have been here 2 months and have only seen 1 other person with one in the entire time I have been here and in all the meetings I have been in so no one here even knows a repair/service center for Palm products.
    I dont think there are "repair centers" for the Treo you can just walk up and have them repair it. If you purchased the Treo directly from PalmOne you can contact them to see if they will replace the antenna and how much they will charge. Depending on the carrier (AT&T, Cingular, Verizon, etc.) they each have different policies, but I doubt any of them have a repair facility - they usually swap out a phone for a new or refurbished (by PalmOne) phone when you send in a defective one.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Do you have a digital camera? 'Cause the only way I'll retract the statement is if you take a picture and post it here. I doubt it could be that bigga deal. I mean...it'd have to be like a rather large chunk that was mising before people should notice that over the screen/keyboard.

But to answer your question, naw...nothin' you can do about it beside pay a deductible with your insurance company, or file/sand it down which doesn't seem like it could help that much.

Oh, and if you can't find a digital camera, just get two mirrors and one extra hand to use the treo's own camera. :-D