1.    #1  
    I guess I just a voided my warranty according to Sandisk. I couldn't get my card reader on my computer to open any of the files that I had saved on my treo 600 that I hotsynced over so I called tech support. Their response was that since the treo formatted the card, the treo somehow corrupted the card and is now useless. He then informed me that the treo is NOT a compatible device with Ultra II cards and that my warranty is now voided.

Everything on the card is still there, everything works as it should, I have mp3's, maps from mapopolis, etc and they all work fine. I just can't get my computer to open the files on the card.

When I insert the card, the reader blinks a couple of times and a window pops up and asks for an SD card. Weird.

I also tried to format the card on the computer, but it won't even recognize it.

Anybody have some information on as to why this happend? It's not a total loss I guess, it just sucks that I have to hotsynce everything over instead of click and drop.

I am thinking about returning the card back to the store and getting a regular 2GB SD card, unless this is the norm for Ultra II cards on the treo.

Thanks for you input.
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerhurtz
    I guess I just a voided my warranty according to Sandisk. I couldn't get my card reader on my computer to open any of the files that I had saved on my treo 600 that I hotsynced over so I called tech support. Their response was that since the treo formatted the card, the treo somehow corrupted the card and is now useless. He then informed me that the treo is NOT a compatible device with Ultra II cards and that my warranty is now voided.

Everything on the card is still there, everything works as it should, I have mp3's, maps from mapopolis, etc and they all work fine. I just can't get my computer to open the files on the card.

When I insert the card, the reader blinks a couple of times and a window pops up and asks for an SD card. Weird.

I also tried to format the card on the computer, but it won't even recognize it.

Anybody have some information on as to why this happend? It's not a total loss I guess, it just sucks that I have to hotsynce everything over instead of click and drop.

I am thinking about returning the card back to the store and getting a regular 2GB SD card, unless this is the norm for Ultra II cards on the treo.

Thanks for you input.
    Could the problem be the reader?
  3.    #3  
    No, the card reader works fine. I tried another SD and a Smartmedia card and both opened up fine.
    yet another reason to use card export.

http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/

have you tried formating it on the treo again and then from the pc?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I had the same problem. Have a Sandisk 1 Gig card. PC/card reader worked fine until all of a sudden - nada. Worked fine in 650 but PC wouldn't recognize the card.

Tried to reboot PC with card reader w/ SD card plugged into USB slot but it was still unrecognized.

Ok, sorry for the preamble but here's solution:

My PC is XP pro. A friend suggested using a PC with a different version of Windows.
    So put the SD card in the card reader and put into a Windows 2000 machine and booted up. This PC recognized the SD card, but in need of repair. It repaired it.
    Now SD card good as new - My XP Pro PC reads the SD card through the card reader. Just like old times.

So try a different PC with a different version of Windows.
    (I did NOT reformat the SD card)

Hope this helps
    I had trouble reading my 1GB Extreme III unti I bought a sandisk pcmcia card reader. The old reader worked well with other flash cards.

I think some readers just don't work well with high speed cards.
    I had this problem with a Sandisk 512mb card and my new laptop. It would read other cards, but not the SanDisk. I downloaded an updated driver and the problem was solved.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    yet another reason to use card export.

http://www.softick.com/cardexport2/
    What are other reasons if you already have a card reader? Is there an increase in speed over hotsync?