Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    from the versamail I'm using now? So many people like it on these forums that it makes me want to get it.

My biggest gripe with versamail is that i cannot reply or forward a messages unless it was sent directly to my sprint email address. When they are sent to one of my two home accounts, I cannot do anything but read them.

Does chattermail improve on this? And how does it compare to Snappermail, another app I know nothing about.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    My biggest gripe with versamail is that i cannot reply or forward a messages unless it was sent directly to my sprint email address. When they are sent to one of my two home accounts, I cannot do anything but read them.
    You may need to enable encryption on versamail for your home email messages. Same thing happened to me...enabled encryption/ssl and everything works fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    Does chattermail improve on this? And how does it compare to Snappermail, another app I know nothing about.
    Chattermail supports real-time push for IMAP using idle. So you get your emails on your treo as soon as they arrive in your inbox without ever having to do anything. You can also check POP accounts but real-time push is not supported. One downside of Chatter is that it seems to keep CDMA (Verizon, Sprint) based treo's in data mode and you miss calls. Haven't heard that complaint from any of the GSM (Cingular, Tmobile) users.

Snappermail supports POP and IMAP email accounts. Offers no real-time push. Has a bunch of other features - saving to flash card, good html support...etc.

Both are good for personal email and I think the general thought is if your just checking Pop email then use Snapper, If you have IMAP and want real time push then go with Chatter.

I am not the expert on either of those programs but they both do a fine job for email. I use versamail and tried the others -- this is just for my personal email.
    Last edited by GolfBallMan; 07/05/2005 at 11:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    You may need to enable encryption on versamail for your home email messages. Same thing happened to me...enabled encryption/ssl and everything works fine now.
    Thanks for the help. where do I enable encryption?
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    Snappermail supports POP and IMAP email accounts. Offers no real-time push. Has a bunch of other features - saving to flash card, good html support...etc.
    Although not real-time push, you can set Snappermail to send/receive automatically.