1.    #1  
    I loaded a Japanese cache utility, I thought was by this name...

well anyway, after deciding to get rid of it, no sig help as I could tell, I deleted DBcache and associated files.

I noticed the reference to DBCache in this 1.30 post:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=89392

so I checked my system ram and it is not running. I did find a copy of it on my memory card, and copied it to ram and launched it just now.

How can I get it back to where ever it is supposed to be, so it launches automatically?

I assume it is suppose to be running automatically and at all times/

Muchas Gracias,

Ciao - Maria
    Launch DBCacheTool and select Auto clear: ON.

But, in reading that thread, it doesn't sound like they're using the DBCacheTool application...they're just looking at the size of the Treo's own DBCache. You can do that with the MemoryInfo app; download it from this thread.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 07/08/2005 at 07:07 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Bill:

Thank you for the reply. I thought DBCache was a Palm Rom based program, that ran automatically?

If it does, I do not understand why I don't see it (DBcache), unless I am looking under the incorrect name. I downloaded the program you referenced and see Storage Heap, NVFS Cache and Dynamic Heap. Are these all related to DBCache, or some or all are DBCache?

Thank you for your help.

Maria
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    Bill:

Thank you for the reply. I thought DBCache was a Palm Rom based program, that ran automatically?

If it does, I do not understand why I don't see it (DBcache), unless I am looking under the incorrect name. I downloaded the program you referenced and see Storage Heap, NVFS Cache and Dynamic Heap. Are these all related to DBCache, or some or all are DBCache?

Thank you for your help.

Maria
    DBCache is, I think, another name for the NVFS Cache, a section of Palm memory used to store recently read NVFS data.