Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I imagine this has been covered already but why doesn't VersaMail delete all of the emails when you do Select All and then Delete? It seems to delete 75 to 90% of them each time. I end up having to Delete four or five times to get all the messages off. This has been going on up and through ROM 1.28.
  2. #2  
    It should delete all selected within one folder. Select all, does not go across several folders. How much internal memory do you have left? Do you empty the trash?

    Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    VersaMail has never emptied the entire Inbox when I Select All then Delete. I believe I have it set to empty the trash immediately. I have 9M left in internal memory. I can't imagine I'm the only one who has had this problem.
  4. #4  
    Same folder, memory is good. . . .

    Hmmm. . . .

    Have you recognized a maximum that it will delete? Is it consistent?

    (I do not have the problem.)
  5. #5  
    I have the same problem as well. The Inbox looks empty after deleting the emails, but they will be downloaded again from my gmail afterwards.
  6.    #6  
    When I "Get" email, it will download any email from the last 24 hours from Roadrunner as long as it doesn't already exist in the Inbox. That I understand. So, starting with an empty Inbox, I just downloaded 212 emails (I get a lot of spam). I "Select All" then "Delete" which leaves me 106 (still selected with a check next to them). I "Delete" again and it cuts it down to 53. "Delete" again leaves 13. Then 3. Then zero. Each time I delete I just hit the menu button then scroll down to Delete. I have never been able to get VersaMail to delete them all at once. I only download manually.

    It looks like it has a hard time deleting more than half of the emails at time. Poor thing.
  7. #7  
    Mine has always deleted all selected emails, but I never have had more than 20 to deal with at a time. I wonder, at what point (#) your Treo decides to go into the delete half mode? (From a fresh starting point-- not from a 212 start.) Has it ever just done 10 fully, if that was the number downloaded?
  8.    #8  
    Hmm...well, I interrupted the download after 14 messages, then tried to delete all of them and it left me with 7 and then deleted all of them the next time, leaving me with 0. This has been the behavior of my Treo 650 using two different units and 3 different ROM's (Cingular stock, 1.23, and 1.28). Perhaps it has to do with the way that it downloads the emails from Roadrunner? Either that or I'm crazy.
  9. #9  
    What's this, people actually use VersaMail ?

    If I didn't have Snapper I'd use Eudora Internet Suite 2.1. I mean seriously. Versamail seems to have had nothing but problems. I've never used it. Thought most people stopped using it.

    It was a "nice try" for Palm to offer it, but it does not seem it was ever ready for Prime-Time .
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder.com
    Hmm...well, I interrupted the download after 14 messages, then tried to delete all of them and it left me with 7 and then deleted all of them the next time, leaving me with 0. This has been the behavior of my Treo 650 using two different units and 3 different ROM's (Cingular stock, 1.23, and 1.28). Perhaps it has to do with the way that it downloads the emails from Roadrunner? Either that or I'm crazy.
    Has me baffled. It might be a Roadrunner thing. I download my home email from Comcast.net and I go thru my work's POP3 server for work. Neither VersaMail "account" behaves this way for me. Gremlins!

    Cheers, Perry
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    What's this, people actually use VersaMail ?

    If I didn't have Snapper I'd use Eudora Internet Suite 2.1. I mean seriously. Versamail seems to have had nothing but problems. I've never used it. Thought most people stopped using it.

    It was a "nice try" for Palm to offer it, but it does not seem it was ever ready for Prime-Time .
    Hi Darnell! Yes, I'm one of the stone agers. VersaMail has always worked for me and satisfies my needs for mobile access to my home and work emails.

    Am I party of one?

    Cheers, Perry.
  12. #12  
    If it works for you, that's cool. But EIS 2.1 is free. So it would not hurt to have it handy in case VersaMail lets you down .
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    If it works for you, that's cool. But EIS 2.1 is free. So it would not hurt to have it handy in case VersaMail lets you down .
    I shall give it a look see!

    Thanks, Perry
  14. mg48's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    #14  
    I enjoy the FREEdom of Versamail too. It grabs my personal Yahoo mail every 30 mins without fail. I have had not problems sending pics and files with it either. That's all I need. It does not suck my battery down at a high rate like some of the othe mail apps either.
    Mike G

    Touch (Sprint)

Posting Permissions