Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    They're called anti-skid tub strips.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Palela Im not even going to google that one ,,,,, are you joking,,,,, are you talking about the grippy stuff you put in the bathtub to stop you from slipping,,,

Dont get me wrong I like to post after a beer or 10 myself
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I am. And I'm not kidding either. Just don't get the hard non-removable kind (that's akin to using Super Glue).

I'm telling ya, it's non-slip! And Google-ing probably won't help, as it's my idea.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Yes, I am. And I'm not kidding either. Just don't get the hard non-removable kind (that's akin to using Super Glue).

I'm telling ya, it's non-slip! And Google-ing probably won't help, as it's my idea.

Pamela
    actually it's not. It was suggested back when the 6000 came out and was a s slippery as a wet fish. Someone right here on TC post that very idea as an alternative to egrips.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    actually it's not. It was suggested back when the 6000 came out and was a s slippery as a wet fish. Someone right here on TC post that very idea as an alternative to egrips.
    I was dubbed before I knew it! LOL

Why is it bad? The glue doesn't eat the case...

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Well I guess Ill have to take a look at that stuff.
    It just 'sounds' bad. ;-) If you're doing it then I have to give it a look.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Pamela
    \/\/0\/\/!!

That's incredible. A very reliable egrips is exactly what I want. No stinkin' case, just a little grip. This is one of the smartest things I've heard in a while.

Just out of curiousity....why not use the Super-glue equivelant?? I'd want to make sure the damn thing never comes off. For fear of needing to replace the phone??
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    \/\/0\/\/!!

That's incredible. A very reliable egrips is exactly what I want. No stinkin' case, just a little grip. This is one of the smartest things I've heard in a while.

Just out of curiousity....why not use the Super-glue equivelant?? I'd want to make sure the damn thing never comes off. For fear of needing to replace the phone??
    The regular ones shouldn't come off unless you want them to. The SuperGlue stuff is for the porcelain in the tub so I'd be concerned about using it on plastic.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    It just 'sounds' bad. ;-) If you're doing it then I have to give it a look.
    Why does it sound bad? It's a strip that doesn't skid.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    I would just stick with egrips they are not that expensive, they are the right color and the right shape. And one pair last a year.

What other engineered ideas do you have Pam???

I know you can dandylions for soup,,, and the Treo is an awesome flash light while walking around in the house with the lights off....

Give us some more innovations
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    I would just stick with egrips they are not that expensive, they are the right color and the right shape. And one pair last a year.

I know you can dandylions for soup,,, and the Treo is an awesome flash light while walking around in the house with the lights off....

I ran through 3 pair of eGrips in like 2 months....worthless!! The adhesive keeps the plastic on the phone perfectly well, but the adhesive that holds the grippy eGrips material to the plastic isn't all that hot.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter

You're choice - eGrips are $13, tub strips are just $2 - $3 with a better adhesive.

No, I don't eat dandelions, but I have used my Treo as a flashlight.

More ideas? Sure thing... keep a ziplock bag on your person (works great for us females with purses) so when a downpour comes we can just slap the Treo, case and all, in it should anything go wrong (like falling in a puddle). Sounds geeky, but hey, it's a pricey phone.

I'll post more when I feel like it, maybe in my next poem!

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I ran through 3 pair of eGrips in like 2 months....worthless!! The adhesive keeps the plastic on the phone perfectly well, but the adhesive that holds the grippy eGrips material to the plastic isn't all that hot.
    I've had the same pair for 6 months and they look the same as when I bought them. I had the same pair on my T600 for a 9 months and they looked fine when I sold the phone. I guess every user is different.

Pamela
    Cripes woman...do you put one of those fuzzy seat cover things on your Treo too? You know the ones, those silly things you dames put on the seat cover, that when us guys have to pee and lift up the seat, it falls back down on us!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Ya and then you have to do the knee hold thing You know where you stand to the side and bend one knee to hold the lid (the one thats over sized and wont open all the way cause it has a fat fuzzy cushin on it).
    You stand?
    You sit?
    Yes.

Now that would be a poll.
    After a news show I saw years ago about germs and the range of splash droplets I sit too

Are we off topic, were still in the bathroom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast