Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    so i'm starting to miss the sidekick...

not totally. i'm absolutely in love w/ the 650. my gf says i spend more time with it than her, and we live together. lol. the only thing i miss about the old days is IM. the built in im support for AIM on the sk was GREEAAAAAT. so when i got my treo and realized the bad news that not only did aol charge for their client, but that it also didn't work, i was a bit upset. so i immediately installed verichat and causerie. used causerie, enjoyed the trial, but wasn't impressed. but i digress...back to verichat.

the day after installing it, i removed it. however now i'd really like to try it out, as it seems like the only client capable of filling my IM needs. however i can't justify buying it without trying it out first. problem is, when i tried installing it today, i get the old demo expired message.

don't get me wrong, i'm more than willing to pay for a good piece of software. but my standards are pretty high regarding my need for an IM app, and need to try this out. can anyone offer up a suggestion? thanks!
    3390 (cingular) --> v66 (tmo) --> s105 (tmo) --> sidekick color (tmo) | e315 (tmo) | treo650 (tmo)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I think if you delete your "unsaved prefrences" file from your palm, it will rid you of the flag that palm apps leave when they install (for time limited demos, etc.), but unfortunately this also delete prefrences and things that you want... but you can do it anyways. You might try doing a hotsync, then a hard reset and then hotsync again, and see if that clears the data? I use Verichat, and I can tell you i like it pretty well.
    Verichat is the gold standard for a reason.

For me, the SMS notification always-on is the killer feature.

If you use Filez, I think there's a way to specifically delete the preference associated with Verichat. I don't remember what it is though. Deleting your unsaved preferences will probably work, although you will probably have to re-enter the passwords for all of your programs again.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    how do i do this? i have filez installed btw, a must have w/ my sd cards
    3390 (cingular) --> v66 (tmo) --> s105 (tmo) --> sidekick color (tmo) | e315 (tmo) | treo650 (tmo)
    I pretty much went through the same thing, installing both then deleting Verichat & using just Causrerie...I contacted pdaapps was told I'd have to do a hard reset....so I did, I still couldn't get it to work....alot of extra work for nothing. I still trying to figure out if I will buy Causerie w/o being able to compare against Verichat. I do know I will not pay for a program I can't test. Will be interested to see if you get it to work.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    after trying to delete stuff yesterday, i ended up in a reset loop and had to hard reset anyway. probably good anyway, considering a fresh start is nice now that i know the ins and outs of my treo. regardless, i got it to work after following the zero out reset instructions on the palmone website. and it blows causerie away, at least for my needs.