1.    #1  
    I am trying to get the best map software to turn my treo 600 into a GPS Unit. I am looking so far at Street Atlas but also seen Tomtom but doesnt seem to work with treo 600. So What do all you 600 gps users use?
  2.    #2  
    I know I cant be the only person in the world who wants to turn thier treo in to a gps so common people anyone got an opinion?
    Have a look here ... think you'll find some answers

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=tomtom+600
    I have a Holux GM-210 GPS receiver and use Mapopolis. I just got this setup a few weeks ago, but seems to work extremely well for me so far.
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    Quote Originally Posted by catbert00
    I have a Holux GM-210 GPS receiver and use Mapopolis. I just got this setup a few weeks ago, but seems to work extremely well for me so far.
    Can you answer this?

I currently own a Co-Pilot Bluetooth GPS receiver which I want to try to hook up to my Treo 650.

I'm looking at the Mapoplois software but am a little confused. It seems the "navigator" maps don't cover a very large area. I'm in PA and the maps are only county based. I currently have most of the east coast loaded on a Pocket PC from Co-Pilot Live. Is this not possible with Mapopolis? It would seem crazy to have to load each and every county map for several states (this would be a whole lot of maps) to acheive an area of say 500 miles or so. I mean if I was driving from PA to NC I'd need to load twenty or so maps and I'd have to know each county from each state I'd be driving through?

Are there no state maps for Mapopolis? Even if I do load more than one county map does the software move seemlessly between maps when driving from one area to another?
    If you buy a map pack, you get county maps for all counties in the state, as well as a major roads map for the state.

The best way to get from one place to another is to load up the county of the start and the destination, and also the major roads for that state. I don't know how well it does traversing between states. Ideally, you could load up multiple major roads maps to have a large continuous map. Although I think I read at one point that you'd have to plot a course to the state boundary and then once you cross the border, plot a new course. Although perhaps that was only for going between countries. I haven't crossed a state border via car in a while! And I haven't played with it too much.

I tend to copy maps from the SD card to the Treo's memory because for me it seems faster and less buggy. Although perhaps it works better on the 650 to read the maps directly from the SD card (than it does on my 600).

I have not seen a single map that covers an entire state. So I do selectively load whatever county(ies) I think I'll need at a time.

I suppose you could buy a map pack on SD card which would have everything already there for you. But I have no experience with that.

But you don't have to know every county you'll be going through - just the county of the start and the end (although, admittedly, that can be a PITA sometimes!).
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    I bought the Arkon Powered GPS and Mapopolis bundle from Semsons for about $220.00 with shipping. I'm happy enough with it considering cost to feature ratio. I've used it around the area for a while and am putting it to the test next week on vacation. We'll see how good it does when I'm in unfamiliar territory (Maine).

Your best bet if you have the GPS hardware is the NavCard from Mapopolis. Cost is $149.00 and Everything is on the card. Every major highway and every county map is right there and you don't need to mess with downloading maps. It supposedly just grab what it needs!

Go to this link

http://www.mapopolis.com/sdcards.jsp...6968947&p=&q=9

I've heard of a lot of folks gettin TomTom to work, they just wont support it!