1.    #1  
    I don't recall this happening in the past, but recently, whenever I switch to the phone application (whether from another application or from turning the phone on) on my Sprint Treo 650 (v1.08) there seems to be a short delay before the sprint name appears in the upper left hand corner (along with the location privacy off icon and the business connection personal edition icon) and before I can do anything with the phone. However, if I try to do something (like start typing in a phone number) in that very short time span (1 - 3 seconds), it will go through after the sprint name and those other icons appear. However, its a bit disconcerting and it never happened before as far as I can remember. I use Keyguard Time+ as well as have a security code on my Treo that I have to enter every time I turn it off and then on again (since I have somewhat sensitive information stored on there and if I lost it I wouldn't want others to gain access to this information). Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this, and if upgrading to the 1.12 version might fix it? Thanks!

- marc
    1.12 has a much shorter dialing delay than 1.08.
  3.    #3  
    I'm not sure dialing delay is the same thing I'm talking about. I'm assuming a dialing delay is the delay between the time you dial a phone number and hit send and the time the phone actually begins to ring to indicate the connection is being made (or attempted). The delay I'm talking about is when you initially go into the phone application and there's a slight delay before the application can be used and before certain text and icons appear on the screen (indicating the application can be used). Is this the same as what I'm guessing the dialing delay is, or is my delay something different?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman
    I'm not sure dialing delay is the same thing I'm talking about. I'm assuming a dialing delay is the delay between the time you dial a phone number and hit send and the time the phone actually begins to ring to indicate the connection is being made (or attempted). The delay I'm talking about is when you initially go into the phone application and there's a slight delay before the application can be used and before certain text and icons appear on the screen (indicating the application can be used). Is this the same as what I'm guessing the dialing delay is, or is my delay something different?
    Are you using a background image off of your memory card?
  5.    #5  
    Nope...no background image off of my memory card...