1.    #1  
    Can someone tell me how to delete those built-in programs? e.g VersaMail, Welcome and QuickTour? I do not see those under the "Delete" list of programs.

Thank you!
    They are in ROM, and thus can't be deleted this way. Extract the ROM, then use an editing tool to remove them, and then flash the new ROM back.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay96
    Can someone tell me how to delete those built-in programs? e.g VersaMail, Welcome and QuickTour? I do not see those under the "Delete" list of programs.

Thank you!
    You would need to see if the tools at Shadowmite.com would work with your Treo 650 and carrier. I used it fine with my Sprint 650 to remove apps from ROM and add some to it too.

Some Details here at my site.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    If you are only trying to remove them so you can gain some RAM, as far as I understand it wont do you any good. More ROM dosent translate to more RAM. But you can then edit the ROM via shadomites tools and put some of your 3rd party apps in ROM.

But more importantly have you checked into just putting those RAM apps on a card? Or use "power run" to launch apps from the card?

EDIT: Almost forgot if your only looking to get rid af some ROM apps and arent asking to gain memory you could use obfuscate to hide the ROM applications icon.

obfuscate
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 07/04/2005 at 02:43 PM.
    Doing a custom ROM since the latest update is apparently useless and in fact accomplishes the opposite of the goal. Removing programs reduces memory size and adding some reduces it more. There are a couple of threads mentioning this and more information on Shadowmite's site.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    Removing programs reduces memory size
    Removing apps from ROM does not make any more memory available to the user since the ROM is not accessible to us.

adding some reduces it more.
    Adding apps to ROM instead of having them in RAM will increase the amount of memory available to the user.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I think jgm is talking about the cache memory which is less after using a custom ROM. I am not sure yet if this will affect the overall stability of the Treo...
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding