1.    #1  
    My Applications button just stopped cycling through the applications as it has for the last two weeks (new Treo).

If I am in an app, and press the Applications Button, it will get me exit back to the main desktop as before.. that is ok.

If I repeatedly press the button , it will not cycle through the Categories as it use to. It just re-freshes the main desktop with 'All' applications. I have tried to change it in Prefs, but no matter what I set it to in Prefs, it will not take effect.

If I use the Category selection at the top of the desk top and manually select the category, the category will show correctly. Pressing the App button with that new Cateogry screen up will just re-fresh that screen.

I have taken out the battery to reset it and no change.

I'm sure it must be a software setting/issue/conflict somewhere.

Please, any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Maria
    Did you install any type of launcher programs recently?
    1 | 2
  3.    #3  
    Yes.

Finaly got it to return following deletes of newer progs installed (no change), soft resets - no change, till a final hard reset and restore by backup ... which worked.

I was hoping to find perhaps a corrupted prefs/config file that had gone bad, and for a simple fix...
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Can we make this a sticky or something like this? I ha the same problem and did a bunch of searches on having my home button not cycle and it turned out about 5 other people at least started threads but worded different. Something worded like "Fix for Home button not cycling" and mention the whole luancher corrputing it would help a lot of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Can we make this a sticky or something like this? I ha the same problem and did a bunch of searches on having my home button not cycle and it turned out about 5 other people at least started threads but worded different. Something worded like "Fix for Home button not cycling" and mention the whole luancher corrputing it would help a lot of people.
    NO!!! You're gonna learn to search one way or another!!
    Here's your smiley: :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Searching doesnt require a bunch of words. The things that takes the most amount of time is actually READING through the post to see if your problem has been mentioned already. If you're looking for a post to have the EXACT wording as you would use.....I wish you luck.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Does anyone have another fix besides a hard reset?

Damon
    I performed a hard reset and the applications button still does not cycle applications views. Help!!!

Damon
  10. wst
    If you are using the default launcher, try installing ZLauncher if you lost the cycle function on the app button.

I experience the function lost in the default launcher, was testing ZLauncher in trial mode and found it restores the function.

- Install ZLauncher
    - Launch ZLauncher
    - Exit ZLauncher and test app button cycle