1.    #1  
    I have a treo 650 and i am happy with it but i was wondering if the sx66 is any good? Also what i hate about the treo is how they made it so cheap the silver is chipping off on the sides of the screen. I have never ever dropped it or anything i should have used a case with it tho. so, what is better? treo 650 or sx66?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Just curious what type of answer you thought you would get to that question. You know, this site being called "treocentral" and all.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I don't know... there are those of us that are diehard treo fans that have "stepped over to the dark side" for various reasons. I would bet I am not the only one here (besides the wm2003 fan/trolls). I carry my 650 almost all the time, but the opportunity came and I picked a sx66 up cheap. It is sort of like porsche versus ferrari for me. The Treo being the porsche. Solid, stable, user friendly, and to the point. The sx66 is more exotic (finicky wm2003) and really is less phone and more pda. The wifi is the apples to orange issue. I do some consulting on the side and the wifi capabilty allows me to take one thing instead of two.

Bottom line is the 650 is a keeper and the sx66 would be the first to sell in a fire sale. Fortunately I don't have too!

greg
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I have used to both, and thats a good way to put it, car to car. I like the size and what I can do with my Treo, but things like the larger screen and the wifi make the SX66 very attractive. I recently asked the same question on another thread and the answer that most gave was what do you need it for ? Do you want it for a phone with PDA capabilities or do you want a PDA that has a phone included. The Treo is a great combo for someone that wants a phone with great PDA capabilites. Just ask yourself, what do I want either phone to do and what am I really going to use it for. The answer is all up to you
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Just curious what type of answer you thought you would get to that question. You know, this site being called "treocentral" and all.

I see your point but I think there are more than just a few members here that have moved over to the PPC platform (maybe not completely)...
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I don't think I could ever switch completely. The Palm OS is just better for small form factors. My biggest complaint for PPC is too much poking at the screen to get what I want done. I can use my 650 one handed!

greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    I don't think I could ever switch completely. The Palm OS is just better for small form factors. My biggest complaint for PPC is too much poking at the screen to get what I want done. I can use my 650 one handed!

greg
    I think thats the way that most palm lovers feel. If PPC got that way with without using voice (and it seems to be moving that way), then I will h have to give it a try.

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have owned the Treo 600, Treo 650, and many PPCs. Right now I have the i-mate JAM PPC phone. I suggest searching this forum to find some of the posts by PPC users, as well as the responses by Palm users to try and help in your decision.

I really LOVE the Treo form factor but was not happy with what the software offered me on the whole. I still miss the great keyboard on the 650, but I don't miss the ultra-mediocre web browsing. I miss the camera on the Treo 650, but the PPC offers built-voice recording that is MUCH better than even the third party offerings for the Treo. The Treo has a much larger standard battery (1800Mah I believe), whereas my Jam's standard battery is only 1200Mah, yet they get nearly the same battery life. I bought an aftermarket battery that equals the size of the one for the Treo and get double the battery life! The Treo has a nicer screen than all but the VGA PPCs, none of which include phones, yet. None of the PPCs include EDGE yet either.

You need to decide what you need, then whether either device will provide that for you. All anyone on the internet can do is tell you what they like and why. Do your best to ignore the unthoughtful comments of Palm lovers and PPC fanatics. They're usually pretty ignorant and are just trying to justify purchases that they may still be second-guessing privately.
    Quote Originally Posted by technomarina
    I have a treo 650 and i am happy with it but i was wondering if the sx66 is any good? Also what i hate about the treo is how they made it so cheap the silver is chipping off on the sides of the screen. I have never ever dropped it or anything i should have used a case with it tho. so, what is better? treo 650 or sx66?
    I was faced with the same decision when I went to buy my Treo a few months ago. I opted for the Treo because I am much for familiar with Palm OS and really have no PPC experience. The Treo fit what I needed it to do perfectly. A business associate of mine (vendor) bought an sx66 around the same time I got my Treo. The sx66 looks like a very nice unit but, at least in our area, the quality of the phone calls leave a lot to be desired ESPECIALLY if he's on his BT headset.