1.    #1  
    I was in the Big Bear Lake area of California yesterday. The altitude there is around 7,000 feet. While there I was always on the Sprint network (never forced into roaming), had no problems at all using vision, e-mails, web, or chat via verichat...BUT...the entire time I was there my 650 wouldn't turn off! EVERY TIME I used the red button to turn the screen off, 15-20 seconds later the screen would just pop back on, only it would not turn itself off afterwards. I would hit the red button again and the screen would turn off, and then POOF...back on again.

I tried doing a reset and then keep the phone in just pda mode, but it still wouldn't turn off!

Today when driving back to Los Angeles, the moment I got down into the San Bernardino area the phone behaved normally again and has been fine ever since.

Does this make sense to anyone?

PS--Dutchtrumpet...I searched "altitude", "big bear", and "mountains" before posting this question, so hopefully I won't give you cause for your usual "search this forum blah blah blah" replies.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I've got a 600 and never had a problem at my old home (8500 feet)
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    perhaps the yetti was pressing down on your red key?? seriously though, that is a weird one. perhaps it is a pressure/ moisture/ temperature issue. maybe some weird network search auto reconnect setting somewhere?
    I've been using mine at 7000 ft.(near Colorado Springs) Never had any problems.

jc
    I live in Denver (5280') and have used my 650 from sea level up to 14,000' (I was up Mt Evans recently). No issues at all.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro