Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    Alright..this is driving me nuts.

    All I want to do is enable DUN on my ThinkPad. Im running XP SP2.

    I paired by 650 and it sees bluetooth DUN as an available feature and assigned to COM5.

    So then I create a new network connection, make sure that the Standard Modem Over Bluetooth is selected, and click "Dial."

    Boom!!! Error 633!!! Port is already in use.

    Okay. Fine. Changed to port 256. Same thing. Changed to port 128. Same thing. Etc...

    No matter what COM port I assign to the Bluetooth Modem, it's always in use!!

    How do I fix this? DUN on my Mac works fine...but the office gives me Windows laptop to take everywhere and I need to get this working.

    Thank you. Happy 4th.
    CC
    Last edited by Captain Chunk; 07/04/2005 at 12:13 AM.
  2. #2  
    Captain Chunk,

    I saw from post on another thread that you and I were having the same DUN problem. At the suggestion of Bill Gamble, I tried pdanet . It costs $34, but after hours of trying to get a reliable DUN connection, it is, in my opinion, definitely worth it.

    As an alternative, someone suggested disabling the Bluetooth HotSync connection, which may free the port. With pdanet, however, I can have both.

    Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I saw PDANet and tried it, and it wouldn't work either. The phone couldn't connect with the computer, and had an error 760. HotSync is not intsalled, so there can be no conflict with that.

    I'm gonna try it with another PC and see if it happens there. If it does, then it's probalby an issue with the Treo and not the PC.
  4. #4  
    You must have hotsync installed to use pdanet. You shouldn't have to though, because DUN is supposed to WORK!! (I'm getting error 633 constantly also)
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  5. #5  
    I just started getting this error, haven't been able to figure out what I installed that is interfering. It was working fine, then Error 633.
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    You must have hotsync installed to use pdanet. You shouldn't have to though, because DUN is supposed to WORK!! (I'm getting error 633 constantly also)
    DUN definitely works. It took me about 3 days to finally get it working right, but it does work. And, if you decide to try PDAnet, please try the demo first. It didn't work for me, either. Glad I had the Demo.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk
    Alright..this is driving me nuts.

    All I want to do is enable DUN on my ThinkPad. Im running XP SP2.

    I paired by 650 and it sees bluetooth DUN as an available feature and assigned to COM5.

    So then I create a new network connection, make sure that the Standard Modem Over Bluetooth is selected, and click "Dial."

    Boom!!! Error 633!!! Port is already in use.

    Okay. Fine. Changed to port 256. Same thing. Changed to port 128. Same thing. Etc...

    No matter what COM port I assign to the Bluetooth Modem, it's always in use!!

    How do I fix this? DUN on my Mac works fine...but the office gives me Windows laptop to take everywhere and I need to get this working.

    Thank you. Happy 4th.
    CC
    I am able to get my Thinkpad T42 to connect using DUN. But when I disconnect, I have to re-install everyhting to do with the connection to get it to connect again. PDAnet works pretty reliably for me and also allows me to connect via USB cable.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfisch
    I am able to get my Thinkpad T42 to connect using DUN. But when I disconnect, I have to re-install everyhting to do with the connection to get it to connect again. PDAnet works pretty reliably for me and also allows me to connect via USB cable.
    Try this:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...680#post751680
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  9. #9  
    BT DUN on the 650 using Windows can be amazingly complicated sometimes. It took me a couple of months of off and on trying to get mine working. One of the major problems is the error messages often aren't really related to the problems. I actually just posted a mini troubleshooting checklist on our website regarding this issue. It's here:
    http://texxors.com/forums/index.php?topic=16.0

    Hope it helps, IMHO BT DUN is really cool and one of the best features available with the 650.

Posting Permissions