Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I have Mapopolis for my Treo, but I don't like it nearly as well as Pocket Streets for Windows Mobile based devices. My biggest gripe with Mapopolis is having to deal with chunks of maps. I usually know about how far I will travel away from an airport, but Mapopolis makes me have figure out which counties that covers. PITA. Much prefer the Pocket Streets method of simply selecting an area in the PC based version that is large enough, and export that to my phone.

How does Tom Tom handle this? Any other options?
    I use maps within Pocket Express. Get a map, where ever you are. I like it and the 411 features. You can try them free for 30 days . . . . .

www.pocketexpress.com

Cheers, Perry.
    How "readible" is pocket express? With mapopolis you can get down to the local street level in a very readible format. Is that true with express as well?
    Pilottreo1
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    How "readible" is pocket express? With mapopolis you can get down to the local street level in a very readible format. Is that true with express as well?
    Pilottreo1
    Here are 3 screen grabs from Express maps.. I think you can get even closer.. Would this work? There are 5 levels of zooming in and out, then a plus and minus sign beside those, so seems like you could get closer.

Bek
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bektek, thanks so much. those look pretty good. Have a great 4th in Mo.
    Pilottreo1
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    That looks great, for sure. But a yearly subscription of $30...hmmm. Plus, I would still prefer an offline version. But nice suggestion, thx!