1.    #1  
    This has been discussed before, but there have been some improvements with "bluetooth" operation. So here we go.

First, I have a Sprint Treo 600, a Jabra A210 bluetooth adapter, and a Motorola HS850 headset. The software I am using includes Callfilter, pTunes Deluxe, VoiceIt Pro 1.0.3, Freedom and PAR Pro. The hardware and software I am using provides me with basic bluetooth operation that mimics a wired headset environment. As a note, system sound is disabled in the Preferences menu.

I use CallFilter to handle my incoming telephone calls. Using PAR Pro, I record voice announcements that are played by pTunes Deluxe when CallFilter intercepts a telephone call. When Freedom is enabled, it channels all audio to the headset, which in my situation has a Jabra A210 bluetooth adapter plugged in to it. When Callfilter intercepts a call, the corresponding file is played by pTunes through the headset - meaning that no one but myself hears it. I am able to answer the call by pressing the MFB button on the Motorola headset and just as easily terminate the call using the MFB button on the headset.

VoiceIt Pro provides me with voice dialing, last number redialing and voice application starting. The new release, 1.0.3., installs easily and setup is quick. Training is much improved and actual operation much more reliable. I have VoiceIt set to require me to confirm dialing the phone number. Additionally, all training is done with the headset.

As a side, I also use Bob's Alarm/MobileClock and with its ability to use pTunes to announce events/alarms, it also is channeled through to the headset. Canceling a Bob's Alarm/MobileClock event must be done at the handset.

At night, I disable Freedom and charge the Treo, bluetooth adapter and headset. When a call is received, I can either activate the headset or unplug the adapter. In the morning, I enable Freedom, execute a soft reset using mReset, turn on the Jabra A210 bluetooth adapter and headset. Executing a soft reset after enabling Freedom means that I do not have to unplug and plug the bluetooth adapter in again.

While not providing true bluetooth operation, it means that I no longer have to worry about tangling the headset cord in the seatbelt, holding the handset for an extended period of time, or disturbing others when a call or alarm is received.

Not a bad setup for us remaining Treo 600 users.

Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    VoiceIt Pro provides me with voice dialing, last number redialing and voice application starting. The new release, 1.0.3., installs easily and setup is quick. Training is much improved and actual operation much more reliable. I have VoiceIt set to require me to confirm dialing the phone number. Additionally, all training is done with the headset.
    Thanks for posting...as a fellow Jabra A210/Treo 600/Freedom user, bt is useful for me.

I will have to check out voiceit pro.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Check it out for a few days. Voice recognition programs are sensitive to environmental issues and do not work in all situations; however, for me, in all but the loudest situation, it works well. Ben