Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I deleted ALL the saved preferences and the problem remains. Is there a way to see a list of files in RAM and sort by last changed files so that a person that gets a successful Missed call entry can see what file contains the info.

For those who say that haved add anything, can you think; did you add a custon phone on/off splash pic or maybe you added something an app that doesn't show up in the launcher.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    i have this same problem with my sprint treo 600. we have to elimate 3rd party applications because we all have different configurations and the same problem. the only common thing is that we have the palm os and a treo. this is an issue with the carrier(s) i think. after all something triggers the network saying that you have answered your call and to start pulling from your minutes. it could be that whatever this is it is the cause of the problem.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Does the problem occur when a particular person or group of people call? Like your spouse calling or co-workers? Or a group, like anyone in your business or personal contacts category?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    Does the problem occur when a particular person or group of people call? Like your spouse calling or co-workers? Or a group, like anyone in your business or personal contacts category?
    my phone does not discriminate between callers. these are equal opprotunity problems.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    no zlauncher or pics or any fancy checkboxes for me, but it happens a few times a week.

my vote would be something screwy in nvfs.

the one thing I noticed is it happens if the screen gaurd is on and I try to use the touch screen answer bottom. I just got a 650 a fee weeks ago- changed from a 600 so I am used to no hard answe button but rather using the screen.

it seems to have gone away since I got used to using the hard buttons to answer or ignore.

but i'de sure like to find the root and fix it...
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I have verizon and it will sometimes freeze during a call- I have to take off the battery cover and reboot. So sad.
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    I notice that I only get the "You missed a Call" message, if I am on another call. If I am not here to attend the phone and anwser it rather quickly, it will lock up and require a reboot. Has everyone decided to just live with this issue? There are a lot of post about this but still not fix. Can we put our heads together and help decide a fix?

Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    I still have this problem. The phone is always usually plugged in when it happens.

Any updates?
    Sprint Treo 650 with v1.12 & Custom ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CognizanT
    I still have this problem. The phone is always usually plugged in when it happens.

Any updates?
    For me it has only happened two or three times. It always happens in a "low service area" with my phone plugged into the cradle, with my bluetooth headset nearby (don't know if my bluetooth headset was charging or not - it could be either, I'm make not the next time). I have to fix the problem by doing a soft reset.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Mine did it for the first time today. ##377 indicated "MemoryMgr.c, Line:3732 NULL handle" ????????????
    I had this problem and fixed it. You're not going to like what I have to say....

About a moth ago I went on this crazy diet and I had to take vitimins at certain times and eat at certain times. Naturally I configured my 650 to tell me what to do and when. About 6 reoccuring events per day.

After I created the reoccuring events I started having my phone lock up on incomming calls. (Would ring and ring but I couldn't answer and had to softreset)

I thought this may be caused by the additional reoccuring events and decided to wait out the problem. (This diet was only supposed to last a few weeks.)

I deleted the reoccuring events after the diet and the problem went away.

Applications that are memory resident.

ZLauncher (latest)
    Agendas Pro (latest)

Most apps run off my card so they aren't important.
    Also, I am running 1.12.

Before you go deleting events, let me be clear that this is what happened to ME and may have nothing to do with why you are having trouble.
    My Windoze toolz http://www.securitysoftware.cc
    I am having this problem too, and it is annoyingly frequent...about twice a day.

Deleting recurring appointments seems like an odd solution, but even it is the answer, it is not an option for me. I need the appointments. Any other thoughts anyone?

Tyler
    Palm III > Palm IIIx > HS Visor > HS Prism > iPaq 3650> Jornada 560 > nothing > Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler
    I am having this problem too, and it is annoyingly frequent...about twice a day.

Deleting recurring appointments seems like an odd solution, but even it is the answer, it is not an option for me. I need the appointments. Any other thoughts anyone?

Tyler
    Happened to me after installing v1.12. Took it to Sprint store, they deemed it defective and gave me a new one.

Either don't install v1.12 or get a new one.
    Happens to me also. Its like a never-ending incoming call. EVERYTHING locks up and the only thing I can do to shut it up is take out the battery.

I have Zlauncher, butler, and a plethora of other aps installed but its happened only once in a while. I never really thought it was a HUGE deal since alot of "computers" have bugs. I just passed it off as something I needed to live with...lol.

I never really did document what went on exactly when it happened but I'll do so if it happens again and report back.

BTW, my phone is a Sprint T650 with the 1.12.
    It's a fundamental software problem in the phone. Who knows if they'll fix it... the whole power management thing is seriously flaky anyway.

It's also entirely reproducible. I initially was doing this with Bluetooth to wake up the phone, but it isn't necessary.

Treo 650, up-to-date software, yadda yadda.

1. Hard reset the phone (after backing it up if you care about what's on it ). Pop out the SD card, don't want anyone in the peanut gallery claiming it's because of the card.
    2. Set a phone lock code in the Phone app. (Not a "password" in the Security app. Why they have multiple ones I'll never know...)
    3. Enable Keyguard in Preferences, make sure it's set to "after power off".
    4. Power off the radio. Power it back on. It will prompt you for the lock code; do not enter it.
    5. Power off the phone. (The radio will still be on, of course.)
    6. Fiddle with the keyboard a few times, but don't hit the center button. I let it shut itself off a few times, then I'd hit a key to make it come back on.
    7. While fiddling with the keyboard to make the phone stay on, call the Treo from another phone. Once the Treo starts ringing, leave it alone, don't touch anything and don't answer the call. After it rings a few times, hang up the other phone. (I don't know how important the "fiddle with the keyboard" part is, I got tired of messing with it after I was satisfied I could reproduce it.)
    8. Ring... ring... ring... forever. Until you touch the Treo's keyboard or screen, at which point it freezes and has to be reset.

At least this procedure works 100% of the time for me, can't say for anyone else. Lest someone says this is not a common situation... it actually is, especially for Radio Control users. All it would take is a spontaneous power-on event while the phone lock dialog is present, and of course Radio Control causes the phone lock dialog to come up every day...

I started noticing this problem about two weeks ago and decided to investigate further. I get a lot of calls on my Treo which hang up without being answered (I use UReach), and I've seen this several times. I'm sure those of us who use Radio Control will see it more often, but it'll eventually hit everyone.

I found that using Bluetooth OPS could cause similar problems, so with only a little further experimenting I was able to reproduce this.

The hang is definitely related to Keyguard. If I disable Keyguard, it won't hang/reset; it's been running OK for three days without any problems, even with my usual load of third-party apps. But the Treo occasionally fails to wake up for a call (or it takes a very long time to do so) and of course the phone isn't real usable without Keyguard or something like it.

I don't know what to say, except that it's something they really need to fix. Looks like a race condition to me; I've seen other problems with "power-on events" getting queued up and all spit out at once (the phone powers itself on after I turn it off, turns itself off after I turn it on, etc). Multiple Bluetooth wake-ups eventually make it uber-unhappy.

Anyone else notice that the amount of time the phone stays on after Keyguard comes up randomly varies anywhere from one to 60 seconds? And occasionally it takes like 30 seconds for Keyguard to appear? You know, it's not really supposed to work that way.

The problem seems to be minimized if I use a "phone password" instead of the Phone lock. The "password" security app seems much more robust than the phone lock in general.

But I wouldn't count on this, because I still suspect interactions between Keyguard and whatever's trying to lock the phone. Basically, Keyguard needs to subsume the functions of the other two programs so we don't have N applications all trying to seize keyboard/screen events at the same time.

That's not the whole story though. Other experiments with Bluetooth wake-ups showed all sorts of fun problems with Keyguard, like Keyguard starting multiple times (fun to watch in a horrifying sort of way, actually), or failing to run at all. Whee! Fun for the entire family!

Do they test this stuff before they ship it? (Chorus mournfully answers: no.)

I'm going to try running with the phone lock disabled and a security password set. If that still causes hangs, I'm going back to my always-reliable Blackberry, and I'll beat a refund out of Palm's sweaty little palms if it takes me a year and too much money. My Blackberry has never had the sorts of problems I see with the Treo, and it ain't because of third-party software.
    It appears related to the missed-call dialog, having an SMS message waiting and perhaps one in the sending queue. I notice the endless ringing seems to happen when I don't answer an incoming call--rather let it roll over to voicemail. It is also the case that when this happens, I have unread SMS messages in the inbox.

Basically when I get overwhelmed with people trying to get hold of me by all available methods and I just start ignoring everybody

So it may be a deadlock condition on one or more modal dialogs.

Of course the phone is locked up, so you can't see anything behind the ringing screen.
    I had the same issue with the freezing and unable to answer the call. I even had my treo replaced TWICE for this same problem but alas the problem still existed in BOTH the new phones. One thing i should note is that the last replacement lockline sent to me was defective upon arrival. I took the treo to the local Sprint store and they tested it and pulled a brand new unit off the shelf and gave that to me and wouldn't you know the problem went away. About 4 months later the problem re-surfaced as it did with the previous units. I have Ptunes and Ringo both installed on my unit as well. I did not uninstall anything from my treo but i did however replace the battery and whola problem went away again for another 4-5 months problem came back. I reported this to Sprint they agreed to replace my battery again and whola! Problem went away again. So we came to the conclusion that after a undetermined amount of time when the battery just starts to show signs of use (not lasting as long as it used to per charge) this problem amoung several other issues start happening. Replace the battery and all those problems go away. Take it as you want but after testing this theory for several months replacing the battery always fixes the issues.
    I have the same freezing problem w/Sprint 1.12. Things I have done so far:

Three hard resets.
    Removed SD Card.
    Taken to Sprint store 3 times.
    They (Sprint) replaced Battery twice.
    Happens while charging & not charging.

Just turned off BT, will see if this helps.

This is a very annoying problem. It happens to me about once every other day.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darwinbrewer
    Take it as you want but after testing this theory for several months replacing the battery always fixes the issues.
    Has this still been the case for you?

I'm frequently having this issue also. Started seeing it around 2-3 months new.

In my case, I also have frequently reoccuring events/alarms, that would be pointless for me to undo and too ingrained and too common with schedualler to disable them all.

And I also have pTunes.

Interesting that some people had the issue w/o ANY APPS. Can somebody please reconfirm you and NO APPS on your TREO and it still happens? This just doesn't make sense. Well, actually it does... I think I'm going to return my phone!!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 42ndSSD
    It's a fundamental software problem in the phone. Who knows if they'll fix it... the whole power management thing is seriously flaky anyway.

<SNIP>

I'm going to try running with the phone lock disabled and a security password set. If that still causes hangs, I'm going back to my always-reliable Blackberry, and I'll beat a refund out of Palm's sweaty little palms if it takes me a year and too much money. My Blackberry has never had the sorts of problems I see with the Treo, and it ain't because of third-party software.
    Have you given up on the Treo and one with the Blackbeery yet?

If there's no response, I think it's safe to say that you have.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast