1.    #1  
    I agree with a previous poster about this being WAY too complicated. I have been in the tech field for 25 years, and find this bluetooth set-up totally confusing. Somehow, I have my Treo 650 and the Treo Headset listed in my Bluetooth Neighborhood (don't ask me how I managed that ;-)

I was able to exchange Business Cards.

I cannot however do a Hot Sync, (Outlook) something about Port in Use. Also, it seems that I was unable to set up the virtual Serial port properly, only option available was Com0 (HotSync Manager seems to use Com3) My computer name is listed as a HotSync option on the 650 HotSync App.

So, is there a good place to look for this information in a clear way. I have documentation from Widcomm (supplier of my BT USB Adapter) but it is not very helpful.

I use a Compaq R3160US with Windows XP SP2

Thanks,

George in Canada
    Here's an informative Thread
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
  3.    #3  
    Hi all,

So, I somehow got it working, I have no clear idea what I did ;-)

Now, I have to figure out:

Can the Treo Headset be easily paired with more than one device, that is my 650 and my PC.

I want to use Skype with my Treo Headset, I know that there are people doing this.

George

Sometimes it helps to just blunder through.

Quote Originally Posted by naftalim
    I agree with a previous poster about this being WAY too complicated. I have been in the tech field for 25 years, and find this bluetooth set-up totally confusing. Somehow, I have my Treo 650 and the Treo Headset listed in my Bluetooth Neighborhood (don't ask me how I managed that ;-)

I was able to exchange Business Cards.

I cannot however do a Hot Sync, (Outlook) something about Port in Use. Also, it seems that I was unable to set up the virtual Serial port properly, only option available was Com0 (HotSync Manager seems to use Com3) My computer name is listed as a HotSync option on the 650 HotSync App.

So, is there a good place to look for this information in a clear way. I have documentation from Widcomm (supplier of my BT USB Adapter) but it is not very helpful.

I use a Compaq R3160US with Windows XP SP2

Thanks,

George in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim
    I cannot however do a Hot Sync, (Outlook) something about Port in Use.
    Not too long ago I had the "port in use" problem. The only thing that helped rectify the situation was a hard reset. Once I did the hard reset and initiated the hotsync, my computer found new hardware (650). Til this day I dont know what happened that made the Palm settings disappear like that. The only thing I can think was uninstalling the Widcomm drivers that messed me all up.
    ~ ScandaLous ~