Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Enough !!!!
    They are convenient , however voice quality remains average at best .
    I have tried HBH -660 , cardio scala ,HBH 300 still issues . My last headset was HBH -660 stopeed pairing altogether. I have stopped using anybluetooth headset for last month or so.
    I am buying a shure noise canceling headset . Hell, it has a long wire but the voice quality is great, which i think is more important to me.
    and what you gonna do with all those headsets?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  3.    #3  
    Will try to sell them,so i could justify my new purchase .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Will try to sell them,so i could justify my new purchase.....I have tried HBH -660 , cardio scala ,HBH 300 still issues
    Based on the price you've already paid for the BT headsets, how much do you think you'll actually be able to recoupe; considering the wireds do not cost that much?!?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    If you use your headset mostly in a vehicle, you should really try out
    a hard wired handsfree kit, like the parrot ck-3100. They work really well.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Will try to sell them,so i could justify my new purchase .
    what do you want for the 660? pm me
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    How much do you want for the HBH-300? PM me.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  8.    #8  
    Woof and TxDot,

I have not yet tried the wired headset.
    I need some more time before i get rid of them . Will let you know in few days .
    I am goign to go for noise cancellngn SHURE QSH 13 wired headset around 40 bcuks .
    Just to let you know ,if you have not checked ,new HBH 660 and 662 are going for 50 to 60 bucks plus shipping at Dans cellular on ebay ,great price .
    Add me to the list in case you want to get rid of the 660! :P

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I am goign to go for noise cancellngn SHURE QSH 13 wired headset around 40 bcuks.
    Does the Shure have an Answer/End function button? I have noticed that all of the Plantronics and Jabra 2.5 wired headsets do not have an answer/end button.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    Hey..

I have been using the scala 500 bt headset without any issues. Voice quality is great and volume is great. I think it works better than the wired headsets. Except about every 2 months I have to re-pair it with the phone due to some static. I think this related to turning the head set on and off.

I have it set up to auto answer and leave it on 24/7 as well as the phone. I even charge it while it's turned on. If I don't want to use the head set or If I want to get some extra sleep, I turn the head set off. The phone reverts back to normal operation and the voicemail picks the call up if I don't want to be disturbed.

No more wires for me.

Chuck
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by frydog
    Does the Shure have an Answer/End function button? I have noticed that all of the Plantronics and Jabra 2.5 wired headsets do not have an answer/end button.
    Seems like it does not .
    Here is the link
    http://www.shurestore.com/quietspot/QSHI3.html#overview
    Etymotic also makes anice noise cancelling wired headset .
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Try the Logitech Mobile Freedom before you give up on BT. The voice quality on it is great. About $40 shipped from Amazon... read the reviews while you're there.
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Add me to the list in case you want to get rid of the 660! :P
    Hi techprincess. I'm been pulling my hair out doing the rounds with different bluetooth headsets. I saw you had both the Scala 500 and the SE HBH 660 and was interested in which you liked better.

I have the Scala 500 and would be satisfied with it if I could put it in my pocket and walk around the room without hearing static in the caller's voice. In the car, I love it. On a table in the room where I am, I love it. Even in my pocket, the person I'm talking to does NOT hear static. BUT, unfortunately, 90% of the time simply placing it in my pocket means listening to the other person's voice crackle some.

I was going to give the SE HBH 660 a try but haven't found it locally (which would make it easier to return if I still liked the Scala 500 better). Anyway, you opinions (or anyone elses) between the HB 660 and Scala 500 would be great to hear.

Thanks,
    Chris
    My dear departed 660 went to a better place 2 weeks ago. I am finding in trying to find a replacement that nothing comes close to its speed and comfort. In the mean time I am straggling along with the Scala which is loud enough but the static is a bear for me as well, and my ear gets sore after more then 2 hours of wearing it (with my 660 it never left my ear all day). I'm a left pocket/right ear BT gal... Anyway I am going to take the plunge and dive into Logitech Mobile Freedom territory this week and try it as a replacement for my 660... ETA: Got it for $34 and change on buy.com with free shipping. =)

So in terms of comfort and speed and reception, 660 beats out the scala. In terms of volume, scala wins hands down.

Hopefully you havent pulled too much hair out. I know I have done enough of that for everyone in my quest for the ideal BT headset for moi! BWAHAHAHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by lawtyger
    Hi techprincess. I'm been pulling my hair out doing the rounds with different bluetooth headsets. I saw you had both the Scala 500 and the SE HBH 660 and was interested in which you liked better.

I have the Scala 500 and would be satisfied with it if I could put it in my pocket and walk around the room without hearing static in the caller's voice. In the car, I love it. On a table in the room where I am, I love it. Even in my pocket, the person I'm talking to does NOT hear static. BUT, unfortunately, 90% of the time simply placing it in my pocket means listening to the other person's voice crackle some.

I was going to give the SE HBH 660 a try but haven't found it locally (which would make it easier to return if I still liked the Scala 500 better). Anyway, you opinions (or anyone elses) between the HB 660 and Scala 500 would be great to hear.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Last edited by techprincesse; 07/07/2005 at 12:37 PM.

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I am using the 660 and love it. One thing I noticed though yesterday, is the degradation in quality when I go outside. I live in the south so when I went outside yesterday, it was about 95 degrees and the heat index was well over 100. I got a lot of static that I do not get inside. Just interesting.
    Bluetooth on our phones is flawed, plain and simple. This is my single biggest issue, and my greatest hope for the next Treo. It needs to have BT hands-free functionality that works as well as the LG 325. I don't really care about DUN. I don't really care about wireless hotsync. I just want a phone that can sit on my left hip and talk to my headset (no matter which headset I prefer to use out of the 8 I've tried because of my Treo) on my right ear. I don't want to compromise, jury-rig, or otherwise have to change my lifestyle to make it work. I'm willing to accept alot, but that better work the way it's supposed to on the next one, or they won't get any more money out of me. Maybe LG will make a 325 with the PalmOS?!?!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Thanks for the info Techprincesse. I'm wondering though. . . why don't you just purchase another HBH 660?

As far as the Scala goes, I have read that bluetooth headsets work differently with different phones. I actually have a Nokia 6225i, and experience the exact same static (in pocket) that others describe so I definitely think this is a Scala issue. If it were for that, I'd keep the Scala, since as you said. . . it is loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    My dear departed 660 went to a better place 2 weeks ago.
    Aren't you going to share the story of it's demise? It wasn't a suicide, hopefully.
    Cause the call volume on the 660 was only acceptable , and the battery time did not impress me. Since I have to replace it, might as well buy something else that should work better, at least the battery taime is double that of the 660. As for the Scala, the little bugger BROKE (earpiece came off) last night, so now I am really waiting to get this logitech. Thats the SECOND Scala I had to break due to shoddy workmanship. I have only been using it a week. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtyger
    Thanks for the info Techprincesse. I'm wondering though. . . why don't you just purchase another HBH 660?
    Naturally... The story has already been told!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=88776

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Aren't you going to share the story of it's demise? It wasn't a suicide, hopefully.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast